Improving fan experience

I said, "Speaking strictly for myself", and the things I suggested are simply a throwback to the good old days, so you're equating the football game experience of old to nap time. It most certainly was nothing of the kind. I don't see anything suggesting "nap time" in wanting to hear the band, which is LIVE in contrast to the piped-in music, which is CANNED and can be heard anytime, anywhere. I find the band exciting, myself. Sorry you don't appreciate it. I come to a football game, not a concert or a video show. I think all this extra crap takes away from the experience, instead of enhancing it. But I know I'm in the minority, and I'm not suggesting we do these things. As I clearly indicated when I said, "Speaking strictly for myself".
AMEN, bro !!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Deep bass and continuous flow of sound at any level have the same effect. My damage was due more to the continuous flow at a constant level. Believe me, it's not worth it.

I am getting to the point where hearing someone talk when there is background noise is a problem......

Tinnitus is my problem, caused by too many decibels experienced in my youth.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
New PA person/equipment without a doubt, we need higher energy music that is much louder. Our setup for the past couple of years has been both abysmal and embarrassing.

Higher energy music? Much louder? Really? Maybe you're already losing your hearing. What is so boring about the game that folks have to have their senses not only titillated, but assaulted in order to be entertained at a college football game? Maybe we need a three-ring circus going on during the game, so fans won't be so bored. Elephants, trapeze, juggling. Maybe that will bring in the fans. You know, the big crowds we used to have back in the day when it was just the game, and the band. But I guess that would be considered nap time, today.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I was a 6th Man for 3 or 4 seasons when I was at Tech haha

I also have season tickets in the SS for ATLUTD though I loathe the experience and am currently having major regrets I didn’t slide to club for the upcoming season.
What don't you like about the SS? We're in the 200 level and it's great especially with a young kid, we can sit 95% of the game.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Higher energy music? Much louder? Really? Maybe you're already losing your hearing. What is so boring about the game that folks have to have their senses not only titillated, but assaulted in order to be entertained at a college football game? Maybe we need a three-ring circus going on during the game, so fans won't be so bored. Elephants, trapeze, juggling. Maybe that will bring in the fans. You know, the big crowds we used to have back in the day when it was just the game, and the band. But I guess that would be considered nap time, today.

Looks at SunTrust park. People today need distractions. Sure they should not need it. But what sells is distractions. People don't go to games to see a game they go for everything that comes with it. They want entertainment everywhere, and are willing to pay. As seen at SunTrust park. Hell they have carnival games at such trust with ziplines for the kids.

Half the "fans" at Tech games are on their phones. Us die heard fans cannot comprehend not watching the game, but the majority of the people that fill the stands need distractions. Gimmicks if you will.

If you think we will fill stands with fans like us, we are all kidding ourselves. There are probably under 5k of us. We need the average family that wants to go out for a day of entertainment that happens to be a GT game. That's how you build fanbases because once they have a good time they come back. Then it becomes tradition. Then it becomes the kids wanting to go to school here and maybe play here.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck

You probably walked up hill both ways in the snow to attend games back then, too.

Looks at SunTrust park. People today need distractions. Sure they should not need it. But what sells is distractions. People don't go to games to see a game they go for everything that comes with it. They want entertainment everywhere, and are willing to pay. As seen at SunTrust park. Hell they have carnival games at such trust with ziplines for the kids.

Half the "fans" at Tech games are on their phones. Us die heard fans cannot comprehend not watching the game, but the majority of the people that fill the stands need distractions. Gimmicks if you will.

If you think we will fill stands with fans like us, we are all kidding ourselves. There are probably under 5k of us. We need the average family that wants to go out for a day of entertainment that happens to be a GT game. That's how you build fanbases because once they have a good time they come back. Then it becomes tradition. Then it becomes the kids wanting to go to school here and maybe play here.
I am all for virtually any "gimmick" that they can find to attract and keep fans, but just keep the volume down to non-ear-splitting levels on any piped in or performed music or other sounds.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I am all for virtually any "gimmick" that they can find to attract and keep fans, but just keep the volume down to non-ear-splitting levels on any piped in or performed music or other sounds.

Completely agree. When you sit right next to it like I do, it's deafening. I'm in 101 and I have to cover my ears. I'm 28. These homes games have my ears feeling like they are 88.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Completely agree. When you sit right next to it like I do, it's deafening. I'm in 101 and I have to cover my ears. I'm 28. These homes games have my ears feeling like they are 88.
So maybe it's more of a distribution of the speakers issue than it is a volume issue.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
So maybe it's more of a distribution of the speakers issue than it is a volume issue.
As I understand it, the sound system in BDS was actually optimized at one point by a physics prof who specialized in acoustics. (Also did the White House press room iirc.) Of course, that was decades ago, and probably before the last couple of stadium renovations.,.

Animal02

Banned
Beat uga in ATL
As I understand it, the sound system in BDS was actually optimized at one point by a physics prof who specialized in acoustics. (Also did the White House press room iirc.) Of course, that was decades ago, and probably before the last couple of stadium renovations.,.
Yes, I recall that too, something to do with speak location and delays so you didn't get overlapping sound......I recall announcements being very clear without be excessively loud.