Improving fan experience

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello guys.. This is a school project but it's also related to GTAA football.. can you give me any ideas on how to improve fan experience.. without increasing costs?
(If this topic doesn't belong here.. I do apologise in advance..)
I have some ideas like . Redirecting outgoing traffic.. using apps to order food .. any other ideas?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Hello guys.. This is a school project but it's also related to GTAA football.. can you give me any ideas on how to improve fan experience.. without increasing costs?
(If this topic doesn't belong here.. I do apologise in advance..)
I have some ideas like . Redirecting outgoing traffic.. using apps to order food .. any other ideas?

Sure! Making sure the trophy room is open 3 hours before every game and have something going on in there. A former player signing autographs or something of the sort. Get people in there to see the history we have!

Reach out and try and get food trucks in for wreckfest every game. We need 2-5 food trucks that also can sell alcohol. This would make Bobby Dodd way a party street and lots of fun.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
A better PA person. They create the atmosphere in the stadium and getting people energized through music and cheers.

As much as I love Vanessa Carlton, playing one of her songs in the 4Q of a game is detrimental to the fan experience. The PA has been lacking for years.

Play "All The Way Turnt Up".

As big as Coach Collins is on consistent branding, I would be shocked if he doesn't bring up this issue with TStan and get it fixed. I expect a mix of hip hop and Star Wars music. Lol.

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Sure! Making sure the trophy room is open 3 hours before every game and have something going on in there. A former player signing autographs or something of the sort. Get people in there to see the history we have!

Reach out and try and get food trucks in for wreckfest every game. We need 2-5 food trucks that also can sell alcohol. This would make Bobby Dodd way a party street and lots of fun.
About the trucks.. they would be outside the stadium.. I believe there's a policy that if you leave the stadium you cannot go back inside???

jacketjp

Georgia Tech Fan
Along the lines of what others have stated, but the in game use of the PA system / piped in music, use of the video board, and coordination with the band has been comically / painfully horrid for years. It absolutely destroys the atmosphere when we blast Vanessa Carlton over the loudspeakers when we have our opponent on their heels, 3rd and long in the 4th quarter. I get that someone was trying to be cute with the the whole "1,000 miles" thing, but give me a break. The people running the board have zero situational awareness. I have said it before elsewhere and I mean it without hyperbole: I have been to dozens, if not hundreds, of professional, semi-professional, and collegiate sporting events in my lifetime. The in game entertainment (meaning use of the video board, PA announcements, piped in music, coordination with the band, etc.) at GT is by far the worst I have experienced at any level and it's not even close.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
About the trucks.. they would be outside the stadium.. I believe there's a policy that if you leave the stadium you cannot go back inside???

Food trucks set up 3hrs prior to kick off and stay open until end of first quarter. They create the party atmosphere until kick off, then the FOOTBALL GAME keeps it going. Why would you want to leave a game for a 8 cheese grilled cheese sandwich on brioche bun???????

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

That's correct. I'm saying before the game... not for during the game. Food options inside or blah at best. This would offer some better options than BDS can handle inside. I would attend forsure

Animal02

Banned

Incorporate the plaza north of the north stands as part of the "in stadium" area....and set up all kinds of activities that end 1/2 hr before kick off....gets people into the stadium and into their seats.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Food trucks set up 3hrs prior to kick off and stay open until end of first quarter. They create the party atmosphere until kick off, then the FOOTBALL GAME keeps it going. Why would you want to leave a game for a 8 cheese grilled cheese sandwich on brioche bun???????

Exactly. Offer beer sales out there with the food trucks. Make it a party. Our own version a party tailgate on campus but with food trucks and make the beer reasonably priced. Like 3-4 dollars a beer. 5 for tall boys