Improving fan experience

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
And where would you park?
There’s other decks around campus. Have a drop off location set up for the tailgating gear. Open from the night before to 4 hours before game time.

I guess where would you build a replacement deck is the question. Doesn’t tech now own the lot across from Bobby Dodd on north? There used to be an assisted living place there. You could build the deck and add in a bridge. People would tailgate there as well.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Shall we try to invite a rapper for every game? Like Atlanta United does?? It's working for them..
If we invite the rappers.. seems like the sound will also have to be cut..

Maybe once a year have some halftime entertainment, but do not restrict this to rap acts. I don't personally believe that any significant percentage of current or possible immediate future season ticket holders will view that as a positive differentiator to investing for season tickets. On top of that, my hypothesis would be that too much more rap would be a detriment to a large percentage of current season ticket holders that invest heavily in the program.
The band has done a great job of taking the music from these (like all the way turnt up and mo bamba), and they sound great. But I personally would not want those actual songs played.
Just FYI - I'm < 50 (but barely...) and bring my family of 4 to the games.

Also - beer at the games is probably the right answer, though that brings with it some other issues.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
For me, I’ve always loved the echoing sound of the yellow.......jackets cheer from one side of the stadium to the other. It has always worked best when the Jumbotron has one of our current fan favorite players lead us into it. I think we should get bay bay, Nesbitt or Calvin to put one together for us, and time it where we can chant it for a couple minutes starting at a timeout. No music or band involved, just the haunting sound of YELLOW..............JACKETS!!!! In the middle of downtown Atlanta. That’s always been my favorite, and we’ve done it poorly over the past few years.

Also, the intro to us coming onto the field should have more buildup. We should keep playing clips of iconic plays, and show the team walking through the tunnel. But we need more than just the pa announcer saying heeeere come the jackets! Play some music that gets everyone fired up after the game clips and have it culminate into the players running out. I’m sure the guys would love running out into a rowdier atmosphere than what we have been giving them.
Agree on both of these. I’m sure “Enter sandman” at VT wasn’t warmly taken when they rolled it out but it’s tradition now and gets butts into seats for the game. And gets the stadium buzzing pre-game.

Animal02

Banned
Maybe once a year have some halftime entertainment, but do not restrict this to rap acts. I don't personally believe that any significant percentage of current or possible immediate future season ticket holders will view that as a positive differentiator to investing for season tickets. On top of that, my hypothesis would be that too much more rap would be a detriment to a large percentage of current season ticket holders that invest heavily in the program.
The band has done a great job of taking the music from these (like all the way turnt up and mo bamba), and they sound great. But I personally would not want those actual songs played.
Just FYI - I'm < 50 (but barely...) and bring my family of 4 to the games.

Also - beer at the games is probably the right answer, though that brings with it some other issues.
No to the halftime entertainment.......that is what the band is for......those kids practice a lot, get no compensation.....and get to perform just a few times.

Do something after the game maybe......might keep the students in their seats instead of departing at the end of the third.

Animal02

Banned
There’s other decks around campus. Have a drop off location set up for the tailgating gear. Open from the night before to 4 hours before game time.

I guess where would you build a replacement deck is the question. Doesn’t tech now own the lot across from Bobby Dodd on north? There used to be an assisted living place there. You could build the deck and add in a bridge. People would tailgate there as well.
Yes, according to the Fulton County GIS, Tech owns the parcel at the SW corner of Techwood and North ave.....1.4 acres. There is also another 3.5 acres behind it and the Alumni building that is vacant that belongs to the Centennial Park North II LLC. Those two parcels combined could provide some premium tailgating space.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree on both of these. I’m sure “Enter sandman” at VT wasn’t warmly taken when they rolled it out but it’s tradition now and gets butts into seats for the game. And gets the stadium buzzing pre-game.
I love the idea of an entry song like VPI does with enter sandman. Someone brought up AC/DCs Thunder which would be pretty awesome. If possible, I think it would be better if we could get a big name local Atlanta musician (Ludacris, Big Boi, or even Sevendust) to make a song specifically for Tech.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It BARELY complies with his will now. The current deck is just below the sight lines, and the courts on top are kind of a park.
I think the man wanted trees and grass there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was for athletic use. Had large walls for a form of paddle ball that a lot of jocks played plus volleyball and basketball courts. Tennis courts were at the end toward the A TO house. They kept the tennis courts on top to meet the intent of the donation to the school. I played a lot of basketball on those courts when I was a freshman in Glenn dorm.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Mr. Peters' will forbids that.

Yep.

Have a much better chance of tearing down existing decks and make it entirely "Grove" like.

We aren't getting beer unless State &/or BoR approves.

Barring other schools bands (even if just ugag) would be very short sighted and a self induced problem.

(Replying to several other posts here Mr Supersize).

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
That’s the rule, but there have been numerous times over the years where the band has been playing while we were at the line of scrimmage trying to call an audible (especially with u(sic)ga’s band), and I’ve never seen anything called or a warning given. Granted, they stop playing before the snap, but only a few seconds before.

However, I wasn’t referring to specifically as the play starts. There are situations where the band playing and the other teams fans (who are getting seats up close instead of far-removed seats GT gets at some stadiums) are yelling loud enough that it’s been hard for the team to hear the call in the huddle. In reference to the OP, all I’m saying is we should save the down-low seats for GT fans and stick the visitors in the upper decks, and in the corners at that.

During either the Rodgers or curry years the ugag band was given a warning by the refs during our game at Grant Field.

Only time I have seen it.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
That's ugly. Imagine frat row around Bobby Dodd if that parking deck wasn't there...just a big green area.
That'd be one heck of a pregame party spot.

Most of the discussion has focused on 6-7 Saturdays in the fall. What kind of use does Peter's deck get during normal business hours? I'd imagine it's a vital employee/faculty parking location.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I love the idea of an entry song like VPI does with enter sandman. Someone brought up AC/DCs Thunder which would be pretty awesome. If possible, I think it would be better if we could get a big name local Atlanta musician (Ludacris, Big Boi, or even Sevendust) to make a song specifically for Tech.

The band already plays a song specifically for GT when the football team enters the field. Why should we take more away from them and have canned music for the entrance? If they want to do something piped in for the entrance, do something like they used to with Kernkraft 400 before the entrance.