Improving fan experience

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The original cheer was "Differential X, Differential Y, A-square, B-square, Integral of Pi. Engineers Touchdown. Engineers yell. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets fight like hell". We did that in the early 60s. I don't remember the updated version until the 70s.
Definitely was changed from the original as you.posted. he flipped the sentence. I was a frosh in 64 and he was ahead of me a couple of years. Story was he came up with the change at a pep rally.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Speaking strictly for myself...
1. Win the game.
2. Can the canned music and strike up the band.
3. Turn the jumbotron (or whatever it's called) down about 8 notches. I can hear just fine.
4. Turn the PA volume down about 8 notches. I can hear just fine.
5. Sell premium beer, at popular prices.
6. Win the game.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
For season ticket holders....do some sort of scan in with ID, and some sort of scan when leaving...key fob maybe? Award points for those that arrive on time and stay for the entire game.....points are good for freebies or upgrades the next season.

I was thinking similar except award "points" based on arrival time that can be used for food / merchandise during the current season.

And I would still like to find out if serving beer at GF is a decision GT can make on our own. I have been told, although years ago, by my rep on the BoR that it would have to be approved by the BoR or the state.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking similar except award "points" based on arrival time that can be used for food / merchandise during the current season.

And I would still like to find out if serving beer at GF is a decision GT can make on our own. I have been told, although years ago, by my rep on the BoR that it would have to be approved by the BoR or the state.

Is it a BOR rule or State of GA rule?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Number one thing I'd like to see (because I would take part):

Non-students/alumni general admission supporters section - cheap/cheaper tickets (price them the same as the North upper for all I care) in the 100s where the expectation is that you and every person around you stands all game and screams every defensive down. SWARM section for people who aren't currently students.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Number one thing I'd like to see (because I would take part):

Non-students/alumni general admission supporters section - cheap/cheaper tickets (price them the same as the North upper for all I care) in the 100s where the expectation is that you and every person around you stands all game and screams every defensive down. SWARM section for people who aren't currently students.
Yesssssssssss. The Hawks and many nba teams did thi. You try out and if you're picked they give you season tickets at a reduced price.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Yesssssssssss. The Hawks and many nba teams did thi. You try out and if you're picked they give you season tickets at a reduced price.
I was a 6th Man for 3 or 4 seasons when I was at Tech haha

I also have season tickets in the SS for ATLUTD though I loathe the experience and am currently having major regrets I didn’t slide to club for the upcoming season.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
How bout the "cheer leaders" lead some cheers and start with
YELLOW........
JACKETS.......

Then go into
RIP UM UP TEAR UM UP
GIV UM HELL TECH !

No no no......Differential Y....Differential X.....the hell with differentials...........we want.........

Yellow . . . Jackets???? Heck, when I was in school, it was Yellow . . . S*x, at least in the student section, but that was when we were in the east seats. I remember the cheer leaders hearing us, and they switched east seats to "Yellow".
Been a long time since I heard Differentials. . . .

crut

Helluva Engineer
Speaking strictly for myself...
2. Can the canned music and strike up the band.
3. Turn the jumbotron (or whatever it's called) down about 8 notches. I can hear just fine.
4. Turn the PA volume down about 8 notches. I can hear just fine.

Wow these suggestions sure makes me sad. Why not just take a nap instead of coming to the game? Sounds like that's the level of energy you want in your leisure activities.

Good news is, no way any of this is happening under Coach Collins. The atmosphere will become more like a party which will draw more fans and be more attractive to recruits.

Yellow . . . Jackets???? Heck, when I was in school, it was Yellow . . . S*x, at least in the student section, but that was when we were in the east seats. I remember the cheer leaders hearing us, and they switched east seats to "Yellow".
Been a long time since I heard Differentials. . . .
"Yellow . . . S*x" ??? How is that a cheer FOR Tech, or am I missing something here?

Wow these suggestions sure makes me sad. Why not just take a nap instead of coming to the game? Sounds like that's the level of energy you want in your leisure activities.

Good news is, no way any of this is happening under Coach Collins. The atmosphere will become more like a party which will draw more fans and be more attractive to recruits.
Take it from someone who essentially destroyed his hearing 20 years ago because he (I) liked LOUD, you and others like you will regret it when you have to shell out $5K for hearing aids. TURN THE DAMN VOLUME DOWN !!!!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I said, "Speaking strictly for myself", and the things I suggested are simply a throwback to the good old days, so you're equating the football game experience of old to nap time. It most certainly was nothing of the kind. I don't see anything suggesting "nap time" in wanting to hear the band, which is LIVE in contrast to the piped-in music, which is CANNED and can be heard anytime, anywhere. I find the band exciting, myself. Sorry you don't appreciate it. I come to a football game, not a concert or a video show. I think all this extra crap takes away from the experience, instead of enhancing it. But I know I'm in the minority, and I'm not suggesting we do these things. As I clearly indicated when I said, "Speaking strictly for myself".