Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Ken tries too hard to be "fair" sometimes. As our beat writer, I think it would be okay for him to show some pro-GT bias sometimes. Esecially considering the anti GT bias the rest of the ajc shows.
I never want to see bias in any news story for any reason. I don't care about their personal opinions or political views as long as they keep them out of the story. Reporters can tell the whole story without taking sides and/or resorting to the "whatabout" crap that permeated the 2016 election.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Just because you don't see socks, doesn't mean there aren't any. There are men's socks made for shoes like these that you can't see.
don't know why we worry about it but if one can't see socks then the premise is unchanged. I would prefer to see results.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
They may not be worried about "us", but they are always worried about recruiting. I don't think this is them clowning on us. I think it's them realizing there are some kids who want the urban vibe, and not the college town, just like some kids want to go to Da U because of the city of Miami, regardless if the team is a shadow of its former glory. They don't want to lose their lock on the city of ATL talent-base, not for even one or two recruits who our appeal reaches.
Look at their recruiting. 4 guys from the top 100 in state and the rest from all over the country. If they continue to recruit at the same level, we will have great success close to home. We can be a major player if we are getting 10+ top 100 kids from Ga. every year. It is not all bad when they are spending so much time recruiting a 5 star rb in Cal and not recruiting a 4 star back in Ga.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
When you think about it, this whole 'UGATL' claim by them is pretty schizophrenic. Don't they always joke about us being 'between the dumpsters' and 'big city crime blah blah'? And yet they want to claim it for themselves.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
I havent seen a single person besides you think it is mocking. First off, if it was an attempt at mocking, it was an epic own goal cause the twitterati is roasting UGA for it and the few UGA fans wading in arent trying to defend it at all.

Second, to mock GT by mocking Atlanta, atlanta rap, waffle house, the varsity, and I85, seems to be a very risky move.

There is no way this is mocking and not an attempt to dispute our claim to the city.
This is 100% mocking GT, not ATL. It is saying that even though GT is in ATL, UGA owns the city.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
This is 100% mocking GT, not ATL. It is saying that even though GT is in ATL, UGA owns the city.
Well, now it is two people not making any sense. The AJC writer didnt see it that way, and neither did the vast majority. We have it on good authority that UGA has touted their proximity to Atlanta for years. So even if it was an attempt at mocking, its a massive fail if the vast majority of people see it as copying.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Definitely not mocking. It's taking what we've done and trying to muscle in and take our marketing idea(s) and claim it as their own.

The fact that you think it's mocking is a testament to how horrible their execution was.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Definitely not mocking. It's taking what we've done and trying to muscle in and take our marketing idea(s) and claim it as their own.

The fact that you think it's mocking is a testament to how horrible their execution was.

The fact that #copycatKirby was trending shows that most saw it differently than mocking

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The fact that #copycatKirby was trending shows that most saw it differently than mocking

Wait, I thought that was from him copying Larry Culpepper's style.

598990464.jpg.0.jpg

#Dr.PepperCommercialGuy

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Look at their recruiting. 4 guys from the top 100 in state and the rest from all over the country. If they continue to recruit at the same level, we will have great success close to home. We can be a major player if we are getting 10+ top 100 kids from Ga. every year. It is not all bad when they are spending so much time recruiting a 5 star rb in Cal and not recruiting a 4 star back in Ga.

Hate week means SO much less to kids from out of state, especially from WAY out of state

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hate week means SO much less to kids from out of state, especially from WAY out of state
Don’t underestimate how much the rest of the country hates the mutt. Maybe there’s pockets around the country like Vermont or Maine than has never had an infestation, but anywhere there’s college football pretty much hates those bastards. They’re an unlikable bunch.