Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Thats your third post trashing GT.

First off, UGA is not "cleaning up", they are having their worst recruiting year in forever. Rivals has them at 14 while five other SEC schools are in the top 8.

Second, this is about recruiting. Recruiting isnt about what happened two weeks ago or two years ago. So go do the bulldog win dance somewhere else.

Third, the magnitude of the scores is a direct reflection of the fact that we have not recruited well enough to compete. Obviously if we recruit at #20 and they recruit at #14, the games are going to be a ****load more worrisome for them going forward than they were when UGA was recruiting #1 and we were #70.

To state facts is trashing us now? It's just a matter of opinion as I see it. When we have beaten them, in Athens on 3 occasions, we have mocked the hell out of them and enjoyed every minute of it. I simply expect it in return. We hate them, they hate us. I'm just giving my opinion on the tweet. I hope that place burns down tonight.

Regarding their recruiting this year, they have like 13 or 14 commits which is why they are low. If you look at who they're after they have a lot of highly ranked guys they are in on if you believe the gurus. If they hit on even a hand full of them, they will be top 5.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
They may not be worried about "us", but they are always worried about recruiting. I don't think this is them clowning on us. I think it's them realizing there are some kids who want the urban vibe, and not the college town, just like some kids want to go to Da U because of the city of Miami, regardless if the team is a shadow of its former glory. They don't want to lose their lock on the city of ATL talent-base, not for even one or two recruits who our appeal reaches.

Now, I can agree 100% with this. It's a tactic to keep their brand in an area that's very transient where many kids have mo connections to UGA or SEC or whatever dopey thing they like to claim. I just dont see it as being nervous or scared.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
To state facts is trashing us now? It's just a matter of opinion as I see it. When we have beaten them, in Athens on 3 occasions, we have mocked the hell out of them and enjoyed every minute of it. I simply expect it in return. We hate them, they hate us. I'm just giving my opinion on the tweet. I hope that place burns down tonight.

Regarding their recruiting this year, they have like 13 or 14 commits which is why they are low. If you look at who they're after they have a lot of highly ranked guys they are in on if you believe the gurus. If they hit on even a hand full of them, they will be top 5.
Nothing about that poster comes across as mocking. In particular, no way they mock the trap house/rap royalty. No way.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don’t view this as mocking CGC or Tech, simply because UGA isn’t even in the same market for players that Tech is right now. Gibbs is the only guy on our commit list that UGA would have any interest in taking. This is however a cheap knock-off of what they view successful branding, and they will do whatever they can to steal that thunder before Tech gets into a position where we might be in the same market for players. Hopefully if that day comes recruits will be able to see through that, I mean unless they blindfolded them on their drive in, it’s pretty obvious that Athens is not Atlanta.

It shows a little bit of nervousness, just not for this cycle, and maybe not the next one. But if CGC can expand on this years class and have decent success on the field, 2022’s class could be threatening the dwags stranglehold, and they are at least smart enough to realize that.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t view this as mocking CGC or Tech, simply because UGA isn’t even in the same market for players that Tech is right now. Gibbs is the only guy on our commit list that UGA would have any interest in taking. This is however a cheap knock-off of what they view successful branding, and they will do whatever they can to steal that thunder before Tech gets into a position where we might be in the same market for players. Hopefully if that day comes recruits will be able to see through that, I mean unless they blindfolded them on their drive in, it’s pretty obvious that Athens is not Atlanta.

It shows a little bit of nervousness, just not for this cycle, and maybe not the next one. But if CGC can expand on this years class and have decent success on the field, 2022’s class could be threatening the dwags stranglehold, and they are at least smart enough to realize that.

UGA offered Tucker Gleason.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
Agree to disgaree I suppose. No worries.
I havent seen a single person besides you think it is mocking. First off, if it was an attempt at mocking, it was an epic own goal cause the twitterati is roasting UGA for it and the few UGA fans wading in arent trying to defend it at all.

Second, to mock GT by mocking Atlanta, atlanta rap, waffle house, the varsity, and I85, seems to be a very risky move.

There is no way this is mocking and not an attempt to dispute our claim to the city.

LibertyTurns

Banned
UGA offered Tucker Gleason.
Recruits get tons of offers but as we know not every offer is a committable offer. I seriously doubt mutt would take Tucker Gleason over Carson Beck. I’m sure at some point some mutt offered him a scholarship, it’s just not the same kind of offer a 5 or 4 star QB gets.

When some of us get taken aback by some of the comments on here it’s based on a lack of logic not some other pretense. We clearly did not “steal” a recruit mutt wanted to get. The reaction would be measurably different if that was the case.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I havent seen a single person besides you think it is mocking. First off, if it was an attempt at mocking, it was an epic own goal cause the twitterati is roasting UGA for it and the few UGA fans wading in arent trying to defend it at all.

Second, to mock GT by mocking Atlanta, atlanta rap, waffle house, the varsity, and I85, seems to be a very risky move.

I never claimed it was a brilliant move on their part, as such intellect is few and far between in that crap town. I just simply see it as a form of mockery, kind of like the signs "We run this state" type of deal. I think mocking the rap culture might be risky, but I doubt mocking waffle house, I-85 and the varisty resonates with many recruits..

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow

That is true, but largely because UGA has gone national recruiting and has shockingly few Atlanta players on their radar. Meanwhile we are focused on the state, so we are going up against others focused on the state. Clemson, Auburn, and Alabama mostly, all of which have higher ranked classes than the dwags.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
That is true, but largely because UGA has gone national recruiting and has shockingly few Atlanta players on their radar. Meanwhile we are focused on the state, so we are going up against others focused on the state. Clemson, Auburn, and Alabama mostly, all of which have higher ranked classes than the dwags.

Now that is where they have risked a lot. They are really fraying in-state relationships for national guys. But, that just means we have better chances of making in roads by showing said recruits the attention and love they want.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
I never claimed it was a brilliant move on their part, as such intellect is few and far between in that crap town. I just simply see it as a form of mockery, kind of like the signs "We run this state" type of deal. I think mocking the rap culture might be risky, but I doubt mocking waffle house, I-85 and the varisty resonates with many recruits..
We have a different opinion of mockery if you think "we run this state" qualifies as mockery. Mockery is to make something seem foolish or absurd. "We run this state" is bragging.

Anyway, it is undeniable that both this and "we run this state" mean they are thinking about us. Which is bizzare considering your argument that they are sooooo dominant as to be unconcerned. You think Tennessee is busy mocking Vandy, or are they focused on themselves?

UGA just got waxed by LSU on the field and LSU is waxing them on the recruiting front as well. Their 5 stars look like Tarzan play like Jane. I'm looking forward to seeing them when we arent fielding 50% walkons and freshmen.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
We have a different opinion of mockery if you think "we run this state" qualifies as mockery. Mockery is to make something seem foolish or absurd. "We run this state" is bragging.

Anyway, it is undeniable that both this and "we run this state" mean they are thinking about us. Which is bizzare considering your argument that they are sooooo dominant as to be unconcerned. You think Tennessee is busy mocking Vandy, or are they focused on themselves?

UGA just got waxed by LSU on the field and LSU is waxing them on the recruiting front as well. Their 5 stars look like Tarzan play like Jane. I'm looking forward to seeing them when we arent fielding 50% walkons and freshmen.

I suppose we do then. Again, no worries.

Deleted member 2897

Remember when a year ago UGA released this logo with the state of Georgia under lock and chain? Trying to say they locked down the recruiting, but everyone made fun of them as it looked like they were bragging about how many players had been arrested and locked down. They are just idiots.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
We may not be competing with them for a lot of 2020 recruits, but this attempt to co-opt our brand may be more about what's going on with 2021. We are, at least for now, in it with a number of 4 star juniors who are metro ATL. Barrett Carter comes to mind, for one, and UGAg has been on him hard. I think 2021 is making them sweat more than 2020.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I get what we are trying to spin here, I do, but how does this translate into neverousness on their part? If anything, it's mockery at best. All of those things were part of GC's "juice" injection which has livened the fan base, sure, but also given our rivals ammo against us. The clowns from the cesspool just mopped the floor with us for a 3rd straight year, were a game away from the playoffs again, are cleaning up in recruiting once again and have huge advantage in talent then us. Not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but I think we're reaching a bit...THWG always and forever!

Just my $0.02

Nah... but thanks for playing