Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
There is nothing original about ugag. Their logo, their fight song etc... etc... now this crap. They don't have two brain cells they can rub together in Athens to come up with anything their own. Tech people should relentlessly call them out on social media for this ****. Even that loser Bobo has started posting crap about 229 or whatever the area code is in Columbia South Carolina. We need to hammer him as well. They are all unoriginal pieces of ****!! **** them all!!!!!!!

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Has this been discussed? So weak!

It's not even a well done poster. Looks like something some high school girls would put together for an 'Atlanta' themed junior prom. That's so embarrassing for ga, reeks of desperation, IMHO. Yeah, GT isn't a 'real rival', but we're going to [poorly] imitate their branding. "We have Waffle House too!"

Hell, they might as well claim Clemson... Milledgeville... I don't know, Helen? Get those recruits dressed up in lederhosen,' Welcome to UGHelen!' Just as relevant to Athens as the ATL skyline. SMDH

CGC is getting under their skin. Love it.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
There is nothing original about ugag. Their logo, their fight song etc... etc... now this crap. They don't have two brain cells they can rub together in Athens to come up with anything their own. Tech people should relentlessly call them out on social media for this ****. Even that loser Bobo has started posting crap about 229 or whatever the area code is in Columbia South Carolina. We need to hammer him as well. They are all unoriginal pieces of ****!! **** them all!!!!!!!

Get it together my good man. This is the reaction they love! Playing into their crap.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I have previously been of the opinion that Atlanta was a net neutral/slight positive on the recruiting front as there were some who the city overwhelmed. Seeing this, though, I see I was wrong and am even more bullish on CGC’s potential. If the dwags have to resort to this it shows they are nervous and clearly recognize that we have an advantage

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I have previously been of the opinion that Atlanta was a net neutral/slight positive on the recruiting front as there were some who the city overwhelmed. Seeing this, though, I see I was wrong and am even more bullish on CGC’s potential. If the dwags have to resort to this it shows they are nervous and clearly recognize that we have an advantage

I get what we are trying to spin here, I do, but how does this translate into neverousness on their part? If anything, it's mockery at best. All of those things were part of GC's "juice" injection which has livened the fan base, sure, but also given our rivals ammo against us. The clowns from the cesspool just mopped the floor with us for a 3rd straight year, were a game away from the playoffs again, are cleaning up in recruiting once again and have huge advantage in talent then us. Not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but I think we're reaching a bit...THWG always and forever!

Just my $0.02

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, if anyone had any doubt that the 404/ATL is the goldmine (pun intended) that Collins has been saying it is then this should tell you that UGA thinks it is. I cant see how anyone can doubt it now.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I get what we are trying to spin here, I do, but how does this translate into neverousness on their part? If anything, it's mockery at best. All of those things were part of GC's "juice" injection which has livened the fan base, sure, but also given our rivals ammo against us. The clowns from the cesspool just mopped the floor with us for a 3rd straight year, were a game away from the playoffs again, are cleaning up in recruiting once again and have huge advantage in talent then us. Not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but I think we're reaching a bit...THWG always and forever!

Just my $0.02

I can see your point. Depends on how you look at it, glass half empty or half full. I choose the latter. You can bet that no matter how they spin it, though, we can leverage it, at least in the short term. They gave us ammunition and I think this staff is creative enough to make hay with it.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

Just my $0.02
They may not be worried about "us", but they are always worried about recruiting. I don't think this is them clowning on us. I think it's them realizing there are some kids who want the urban vibe, and not the college town, just like some kids want to go to Da U because of the city of Miami, regardless if the team is a shadow of its former glory. They don't want to lose their lock on the city of ATL talent-base, not for even one or two recruits who our appeal reaches.

Last edited:

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow

Just my $0.02
Thats your third post trashing GT.

First off, UGA is not "cleaning up", they are having their worst recruiting year in forever. Rivals has them at 14 while five other SEC schools are in the top 8.

Second, this is about recruiting. Recruiting isnt about what happened two weeks ago or two years ago. So go do the bulldog win dance somewhere else.

Third, the magnitude of the scores is a direct reflection of the fact that we have not recruited well enough to compete. Obviously if we recruit at #20 and they recruit at #14, the games are going to be a ****load more worrisome for them going forward than they were when UGA was recruiting #1 and we were #70.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck

Just my $0.02

This isn’t mocking, this is biting and it’s trash.
Create your own damn brand. They supposed to be so superior, right. This is whack. Even the winky dink background.

Yeah, this looks nervous.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I can see your point. Depends on how you look at it, glass half empty or half full. I choose the latter. You can bet that no matter how they spin it, though, we can leverage it, at least in the short term. They gave us ammunition and I think this staff is creative enough to make hay with it.

Agreed!