Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Sidewalking

Banned
Like it or not the mutts own Atlanta and the rest of the state. Collins wants to change that. Good luck....uphill climb and he will have to carry the school on his back to get up that hill. The school isn't likely to help him much on the journey.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Don’t underestimate how much the rest of the country hates the mutt. Maybe there’s pockets around the country like Vermont or Maine than has never had an infestation, but anywhere there’s college football pretty much hates those bastards. They’re an unlikable bunch.

Eggsactly. Every time they have an away game they spread ticks and fleas literally and figuratively.

Every bowl game or non-conference opponent is left with an "impression" of uGA fans.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
Like it or not the mutts own Atlanta and the rest of the state. Collins wants to change that. Good luck....uphill climb and he will have to carry the school on his back to get up that hill. The school isn't likely to help him much on the journey.
Yeah, "the school" is probably busy being the world class university in the state but maybe we could get them to shift that focus to sports.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Upon further review from a relative that will forever remain hated and despised, not too mention uninvited to most family functions at my house, for being a Dwag homer and alum (had one of those dumb gender reveals at his house on Saturday night that the wife made me attend)........That sign was apparently a part of the locker room decor for the SECCG against LSU done by some local artist. They decided to haul it back to that **** hole even after getting spanked like a rented mule.

As an aside, said relative may have found a few of his tires with little to no air the next morning...

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Upon further review from a relative that will forever remain hated and despised, not too mention uninvited to most family functions at my house, for being a Dwag homer and alum (had one of those dumb gender reveals at his house on Saturday night that the wife made me attend)........That sign was apparently a part of the locker room decor for the SECCG against LSU done by some local artist. They decided to haul it back to that **** hole even after getting spanked like a rented mule.

As an aside, said relative may have found a few of his tires with little to no air the next morning...

See, this is almost a clever attempt to save face by the little furry bastards, but if it was made for the SECC, why would they just now start posting it on social media after getting their asses handed to them in the SECC? That doesn’t add up.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
We're not as far away as you think. If you're obsessed with having as many fans as them, well, that's probably never going to happen. "It is surprising how many great men and women a small house will contain." - Thoreau

They had all the advantages you talk about back in 1990 when we won it all.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
See, this is almost a clever attempt to save face by the little furry bastards, but if it was made for the SECC, why would they just now start posting it on social media after getting their asses handed to them in the SECC? That doesn’t add up.

No clue. Just passing a tidbit off from the incoherent ramblings of a Dwag. My guess, and this is just my opinion, is they brought it back and used it this past weekend for what was a big recruiting event? I can ask my cousin, but then I'd have to entertain his nonsense some more.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Listen, I put their fans in the “special” category. When you have a fan base that spends a lot of mental energy on bragging about the amount of fans in opposing stadiums you know they have little faith in their team or coach. Seriously, UGA fans talk about taking over stadiums, etc. while their team takes a dump on the field. I know they are a top 10 program but they simply don’t act like it. Most of the UGA people in my life love to talk about how they “took over Notre Dame, GT, and Mercedes Benz” and I always ask them why that matters. And the answer is easy - it makes them feel like they are a Bama, Clemson, etc even though their team NEVER backs it up. They are the worse kind of wannabes.

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow

Did you ask him if the artist was Morpheus?

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
OK, the more I think about it the more nuts that excuse is. Every Georgia player was in Atlanta the week before. Why would they make a mural for the SECCG welcoming the players to the city that they were in the week before? Nobody would do that.

But if they did, they would not put two things, the Varsity and Waffle House that they have in Athens. Nobody would do that.

Typically, an artist commissioned to do an Atlanta mural for the SECCG would put MBDome on there. And centennial park or the aquarium or coke or the Capital dome or the hall of fame. The cesspool is an oddity but I'll let that slide considering the client. But to include two sporting facilities but not the MB in a mural for the SECCG defies belief.

But there are many interstates in Atlanta, but they chose 85. And for food, they included waffle house and the Varsity, which CGC claimed, while not including Chic-fil-a.

The excuse overwhelmingly doesnt add up.

I like that they realize they need a excuse, because it confirms that they realize this is an own goal embarrassment and that also means they recognize that GT's ATL 404 recruiting is a threat.