Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
OK, the more I think about it the more nuts that excuse is. Every Georgia player was in Atlanta the week before. Why would they make a mural for the SECCG welcoming the players to the city that they were in the week before? Nobody would do that.

But if they did, they would not put two things, the Varsity and Waffle House that they have in Athens. Nobody would do that.

Typically, an artist commissioned to do an Atlanta mural for the SECCG would put MBDome on there. And centennial park or the aquarium or coke or the Capital dome or the hall of fame. The cesspool is an oddity but I'll let that slide considering the client. But to include two sporting facilities but not the MB in a mural for the SECCG defies belief.

But there are many interstates in Atlanta, but they chose 85. And for food, they included waffle house and the Varsity, which CGC claimed, while not including Chic-fil-a.

The excuse overwhelmingly doesnt add up.

I like that they realize they need a excuse, because it confirms that they realize this is an own goal embarrassment and that also means they recognize that GT's ATL 404 recruiting is a threat.

Well, they've never been accused of being logical or intelligent, so it kind of fits? I wonder if LSU had one done.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If it's mocking, they really suck at it given the feedback so far. Or kudus to our marketing guys for getting the early spin.
There’s no spin here. The mutt is getting straight up abused. We endure their moronic behavior because we either still line in GA or have ties to the state by being GT alums. SEC fans already know they’re imbeciles. Junk like this exposes the rest of college football fans how idiotic they are. Keep spreading the joy. The mutt universe deserves it!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Like it or not the mutts own Atlanta and the rest of the state. Collins wants to change that. Good luck....uphill climb and he will have to carry the school on his back to get up that hill. The school isn't likely to help him much on the journey.

He knew all of what you say long before he ever got here. I personally believe he will push all the negative thinkers on here aside and quicker than i ever realized he could do so.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He knew all of what you say long before he ever got here. I personally believe he will push all the negative thinkers on here aside and quicker than i ever realized he could do so.
You sound like one of my HS coaches: Got too many negative thinkers. Didn't help him though.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’ll reserve this sentiment for this sort of stuff that follows winning seasons. I love the spirit, but let’s perform better on the field before we troll anyone...even if they’re idiots for marketing something they don’t have
Even when we are good:
Definitely don t get drunk at Clemson game and yell to their band - go the f home farmers.
( guy behind us)
Definitely don't mock people that just got off work from walmart as being the bad uga fans. ( former employee)

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins' efforts at branding, culture and PR are nothing short of incredible. A major Atlanta media network just used a GT talking point to poke fun at UGA. I can't remember a local media outlet ever taking Tech's 'side' in anything. It's a new day in (the real) Atlanta people.