Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This UGA copycat only shows a surprising lack of creativity and originality. Which I guess is their point. Let’s copy Alabama and Tech. And anyone else but us.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
There is nothing original about ugag. Their logo, their fight song etc... etc... now this crap. They don't have two brain cells they can rub together in Athens to come up with anything their own. Tech people should relentlessly call them out on social media for this ****. Even that loser Bobo has started posting crap about 229 or whatever the area code is in Columbia South Carolina. We need to hammer him as well. They are all unoriginal pieces of ****!! **** them all!!!!!!!
upset, are you?

gtcrew

Jolly Good Fellow
Damn the mockery of this has the dwags on the defense like I've never seen before.

To put out a poster that is GT landmarks like I85 (we used to hit volleyballs out on I85 back in the early 90s) and the Varsity and Peachtree Street is amazing. This poster is literally admitting that other than their stadium they know the best they can brag on are GT landmarks.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Dwags are nervous about Collins.

2. Dwags have been using ‘proximity’ of Atlanta as a selling point to recruits since at least the Mark Richt days. A close friend of mine worked in recruiting there for a few years and told me that last year after the Collins hire. Tech wasn’t a concern then, and touting Atlanta, helped them win over recruits interested in other SEC schools that are more-so in the middle of nowhere.

3. This was poorly executed by UGA. From a fanbase perspective, UGA has a thundering voice and can make about any claim they want and drown out any other voice in our state. But Collins is starting to have a real voice amongst recruits and if he can capitalize on this type of imitation then it will not look good on Kirby. Chinks in Kirby’s armor starting to show.

4. How many actual internships do UGA players get plugged into in Atlanta? If UGA has been touting proximity to Atlanta for career opportunities to recruits, have they been connecting those kids to actual careers? Seems like most articles I read about Tech players, especially in the offseason, references the internships they’re plugged into.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ken tries too hard to be "fair" sometimes. As our beat writer, I think it would be okay for him to show some pro-GT bias sometimes. Esecially considering the anti GT bias the rest of the ajc shows.
Yes the article could have done without this entire paragraph. From a pure journalism standpoint that doesn't seem like it's really what the story is at all.
Tech doesn’t hold exclusive connections to Waffle House, the Varsity or other Atlanta institutions, and Georgia has a right to tout its relative proximity to Atlanta if it choose. Georgia fans might respond that, regardless of the logic of the message, one of the prospects in the photo (safety Major Burns of Baton Rouge, La.) has a higher 247 Sports Composite rating higher than all of Tech’s committed prospects and the other (Reed) is rated higher than all but one (Dalton High running back Jahmyr Gibbs).”

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes the article could have done without this entire paragraph. From a pure journalism standpoint that doesn't seem like it's really what the story is at all.

Pure speculation, but that read, to me, like something Ken had to add to appease his Editor to get the story published. Like, "What's the other side of the story?", "Why is this newsworthy?", "Go Dwags, bark bark bark."