If you had to choose

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Win the conference championship! Why else be in a conference?
What good is a conference championship if the #4 SEC team is calling themselves the true ACC champions? The only way I would take a regular season loss to Ga was if it resulted in us beating them in the playoffs. Without that condition, COFH is the single most important game of every season.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
What good is a conference championship if the #4 SEC team is calling themselves the true ACC champions? The only way I would take a regular season loss to Ga was if it resulted in us beating them in the playoffs. Without that condition, COFH is the single most important game of every season.

Well we agree to disagree. I pay no attention to what anyone connected with UGA has to say on any subject.
I hope we both get our druthers.

Obviously we all want both, but if you had to choose Between going to the ACCCG and beating FSU, or beating UGAg, what would you choose?
I am sorry, but when I read questions posted such as this I am disheartened to no end. The answer is obvious to me, but then again, I am weird. I suspect the response will divide the fan base into those who are forty-ish and older, like myself, and those who are on the younger side. Without question, I would choose beating Georgia. And I would choose that whether we had lost ten in a row or we had won the last ten in a row. Beat Georgia. There's a song about it. Beat Georgia.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It is absolutely the most important game every year, but is it really more important than every other game combined?

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
It is absolutely the most important game every year, but is it really more important than every other game combined?
If I had the choice of 11-1 with loss to dwags or 1-11 with only win being dwags, I would take the 11-1 with the loss. So, the value of the game is certainly less than the rest of the regular season combined. I am not sure how many I would trade it for; maybe somewhere between 2 and 4 games I think.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Well we agree to disagree. I pay no attention to what anyone connected with UGA has to say on any subject.
I hope we both get our druthers.
If uGA was not in the SEC and being given the mouthpiece of ESPN/Disney, I would agree with you. When ESPN repeats what they say and then the masses repeat what ESPN said, it creates problems for Tech in recruiting, ranking, and bowl/playoff selection.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If I had the choice of 11-1 with loss to dwags or 1-11 with only win being dwags, I would take the 11-1 with the loss. So, the value of the game is certainly less than the rest of the regular season combined. I am not sure how many I would trade it for; maybe somewhere between 2 and 4 games I think.
Yep. I remember the year our only win was against Alabama. Would have traded that win in a heart beat for six wins.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I would typically choose with the group to beat UGA, but ... what makes the question more difficult currently is that FSU is #1 and IMO beatable.
The other part of the question is, in this particular case, which gives us more momentum going into next season ?
A. Loss vs. UGA, win the ACCCG vs. #1 FSU and win the Orange Bowl
B. Win vs. UGA, win lower tier Bowl

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
I would typically choose with the group to beat UGA, but ... what makes the question more difficult currently is that FSU is #1 and IMO beatable.
The other part of the question is, in this particular case, which gives us more momentum going into next season ?
A. Loss vs. UGA, win the ACCCG vs. #1 FSU and win the Orange Bowl
B. Win vs. UGA, win Orange Bowl
FIFY
I would take the uGA win. If FSU beats Duke in ACCCG and Tech beats uGA, Tech goes to the Orange bowl.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
From the Orange Bowl's website:
The Capital One Orange Bowl will play host to a College Football Playoff Semifinal in year two of the agreement (New Year's Eve 2015) and again in year five (2018). In the other four years of the agreement, the Capital One Orange Bowl will feature the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Champion (or ACC replacement team should the champion qualify for the College Football Playoff) against a highly ranked team from the Big Ten, Southeastern Conference (SEC) or Notre Dame.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
From the Orange Bowl's website:
Are we just assuming FSU beat Florida in this scenario? Say fsu loses and drops out of top 4. Now we lose to them and drop out of the Orange Bowl as well and miss on a large amount of money.

Beating UGA will not guarantee us an Orange Bowl.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Are we just assuming FSU beat Florida in this scenario? Say fsu loses and drops out of top 4. Now we lose to them and drop out of the Orange Bowl as well and miss on a large amount of money.

Beating UGA will not guarantee us an Orange Bowl.

If the team plane crashes on the way to Miami after winning the ACCCG, they won't play in Orange Bowl. So, winning the ACCCG does not guarantee us the OB either. Unlikely events are unlikely.

Seriously, though, I would rather still beat georgie this year.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
If the team plane crashes on the way to Miami after winning the ACCCG, they won't play in Orange Bowl. So, winning the ACCCG does not guarantee us the OB either. Unlikely events are unlikely.

Seriously, though, I would rather still beat georgie this year.
I understand you were being hyperbolic, but Florida losing to FSU is not some self-apparent truth. Florida has been Jekyl and Hyde and has beaten a solid UGA team.

The premise was "win ACC" or "beat UGA". Winning the ACC gives us more money and more national exposure (especially against the number one team) than beating UGA.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
No way to shut a uga fan up even if we beat them this year. They will always retort with other things.

it sure would help though! you people who are saying that beating ugag doesn't matter must not live amounst them. imo if we can scrap out a win this year we are in great position to win 2 or 3iar against the bastards