If you had to choose

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The only decent argument for FSU would be if the team preferred it. Certainly, they would love to beat the number one team and receive an ACC championship ring and if that would have been their preference. I hope it happens. Personally, I would still prefer being the state champs.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The only decent argument for FSU would be if the team preferred it. Certainly, they would love to beat the number one team and receive an ACC championship ring and if that would have been their preference. I hope it happens. Personally, I would still prefer being the state champs.

They might want the ring now, but they should ask Roddy Jones which win gets more thanks.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Much of my life I have been ridiculed for being a nerd/loser/weirdo by uga folks. Besides my immediate family, I didn't know that was a Tech fan until I was finally admitted in 2006. From my time at junior college (YHC) and Clemson, I never wavered in my dream to graduate from Tech, even though I was called all of the aforementioned names from time to time. I watched through the highs and lows, droughts and winning streaks. I have seen Tech blown out by uga, last second Tech field goals, suplexes, heart breaks, and the occasional high of a win. I have lived my life trying to rub (indirectly) it in their faces that I am more successful and have a better life than them because of Tech. There are few things in this world better than Tech beating uga in football. There is no question which I would prefer and I find it kind of baffling that anyone would say otherwise.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Kind of surprising that I was one of the few ACCCG votes. UGA is certainly the most important game of the year, but more important than winning the conference and knocking off one of the best teams in the country on a national stage? That attitude essentially tells the players that all of your goals and every game you play before Thanksgiving weekend is meaningless. I wonder if UGA fans would respond to the question in the same way. It reeks a bit of little brother syndrome.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
i ALMOST hope dook wins on thu so all this extraneous noise will go away and our guys can get 100% focused on beating ugag

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Kind of surprising that I was one of the few ACCCG votes. UGA is certainly the most important game of the year, but more important than winning the conference and knocking off one of the best teams in the country on a national stage? That attitude essentially tells the players that all of your goals and every game you play before Thanksgiving weekend is meaningless. I wonder if UGA fans would respond to the question in the same way. It reeks a bit of little brother syndrome.

Whether it's right or not, beating georgie and going to the OB would be better national exposure than being the acc champs who lost to SEC #4

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I don’t even see how anybody can pick ACCCG over UGA. No matter what we do the best we would get is the Orange Bowl. We beat UGA, FSU wins National Championship again, then the ACC looks pretty damn good. We lose to UGA and beat FSU, then the ACC just looks like crap and that team that lost to the 5th best team in the SEC beat FSU and everyone was right about FSU being overrated.

In no way, shape, or form does us losing to UGA and beating FSU make us look better than beating UGA and losing to FSU. And again, the Orange Bowl is what we would most likely get either way.
I believe any non-GT fan that keeps up with college football would strongly disagree with this statement.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Whether it's right or not, beating georgie and going to the OB would be better national exposure than being the acc champs who lost to SEC #4
How exactly? I understand the importance to GT fans in sheer terms of the rivalry, especially with how lopsided it has been recently, but no one outside of Georgia is going to care if we beat UGA. We aren't even in the top 5 of important games that day. Winning will be nothing but a snippet on Sportscenter. Winning the ACC and giving FSU their first loss in 28 games and knocking them out of the CFP seems like something that will be talked about a little more.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
How exactly? I understand the importance to GT fans in sheer terms of the rivalry, especially with how lopsided it has been recently, but no one outside of Georgia is going to care if we beat UGA. We aren't even in the top 5 of important games that day. Winning will be nothing but a snippet on Sportscenter. Winning the ACC and giving FSU their first loss in 28 games and knocking them out of the CFP seems like something that will be talked about a little more.

Read the link in the So it is written (oslt) thread. The national media doesn't think the ACC is any good and has unbeaten FSU falling in ranking while winning. Yet, they also entertain the possibility of 2-loss georgie playing their way into the playoffs by winning the sec. A 10-2 GT playing in the OB after beating an sec contender while a 13-0 FSU plays in the playoffs has people talking about the ACC and GT positively. A 10-3 GT who lost to SEC #4 playing in the OB with no ACC team in playoffs, probably only pwr5 left out, does not.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Read the link in the So it is written (oslt) thread. The national media doesn't think the ACC is any good and has unbeaten FSU falling in ranking while winning. Yet, they also entertain the possibility of 2-loss georgie playing their way into the playoffs by winning the sec. A 10-2 GT playing in the OB after beating an sec contender while a 13-0 FSU plays in the playoffs has people talking about the ACC and GT positively. A 10-3 GT who lost to SEC #4 playing in the OB with no ACC team in playoffs, probably only pwr5 left out, does not.
I just can't grasp this concept. You are basically saying that winning the ACC championship is actually a bad thing unless we also beat UGA. To me that is just a sad mindset and one that I hope our players don't have. If UNC knocks off Duke this Thursday then they get to play for a championship. It's a shame that their own fans won't even look at that as a positive unless they beat UGA.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I just can't grasp this concept. You are basically saying that winning the ACC championship is actually a bad thing unless we also beat UGA. To me that is just a sad mindset and one that I hope our players don't have. If UNC knocks off Duke this Thursday then they get to play for a championship. It's a shame that their own fans won't even look at that as a positive unless they beat UGA.

No. LOL. Read the rules of the OP. I'm not saying winning the ACC without beating georgie would be bad. I'm saying which I think is better and why. I'm also disagreeing with your opinion of the national stage.

I hope UNC wins and that we win the ACC regardless of the georgie game, but I want to beat them most of all.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Easy, beat ga. You beat ga you get respect and they cant say nothing. You lose to ga and beat fsu, then you hear about how much better the sec is