I Think we Are Headed Into Dark Times...

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I Disagree Georgia TECH recruiting is on the uptick (This year TQM playing QB hurt us, but LJ & TO are the future) We are going to be young...

OL will have depth has improved over the last two years (Size Also improved)
RSFr Hansen 325 pounds
RSFr Tufele 300 Pounds
RSFr Minihan
RSFr Quinney
RSFr Clark

Fr Maye 300 Pounds
FR Jump
FR Mckeehan

you add this young depth to A. Marshall, W. Bryan, J. Lee, K. Cooper, P. Braun and we have some serious depth (quality) that we have not had since 2013-14 seasons..

I think our Defense has been recruiting really well.... LB Dingle, Smith & TK will add great depth to our DL. We have a nice young secondary led by AJ Gray and L. Simmons...

The key will be LJ or TO being the clear #1 QB.... IF we can get that we will be ok, if we have to have TQM as QB then we are looking at another 5 to 6 win season! We need a QB!
Add James Graham to that QB mix!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I Disagree Georgia TECH recruiting is on the uptick (This year TQM playing QB hurt us, but LJ & TO are the future) We are going to be young...

OL will have depth and quality has improved over the last two years (Size Also improved)
RSFr Hansen 325 pounds
RSFr Tufele 300 Pounds
RSFr Minihan
RSFr Quinney
RSFr Clark

Fr Maye 300 Pounds
FR Jump
FR Mckeehan

you add this young depth to A. Marshall, W. Bryan, J. Lee, K. Cooper, P. Braun and we have some serious depth (quality) that we have not had since 2013-14 seasons..

I think our Defense has been recruiting really well.... LB Dingle could play with BJS, B. Mitchell, Smith & TK will add great depth to our DL. We have a nice young secondary led by AJ Gray and L. Simmons... We have the depth to play 4-3 or 4-2-5 (with Kaleb Oliver or J. Henderson has a hybrid LB/NB)

The key will be LJ or TO being the clear #1 QB.... IF we can get that we will be ok, if we have to have TQM as QB then we are looking at another 5 to 6 win season! We need a QB!
Hansen played this year so he will be a true sophomore.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
What happened this year is that we lost two heartbreakers on the last play in the first 5 games, and then had to go on the road to play the best team in the country the last three years. College football is momentum and confidence. We lost those and never got them back. We were good enough this year to probably win the Division if that ridiculous pass doesn't fall on the Miami guy laying on the ground. uga rebounded from last year and got on a roll. The stars lined up for them with a senior laden team and a down SEC East. I just wish they were playing Clemson in the first round, but again this has been uga's lucky year.

New qb, losing Mills, OL injuries, new kicker, four monsoon games all on the road, cancellation of a game that I think we would have won. Before the season started, I jokingly listed weather anomalies, referee corruption, and injuries as the only things I was worried about. Need to be more careful what I post.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Others here have said most everything I would have, but I did have this to add about our OL recruiting.

I wonder how many of those who point to Jump (he's the 260 OL recruit) or Mackeehan or, for that matter, Clark and Quinney last year ever listened to Sewak and West talking about them or looked at their films. Sewak and West were quite straightforward about why we recruited them: they played both OL and DL. This is especially the case with Jump; most of his film is with him at DE and that's where other schools looked at him. We liked him for OL at Tech because DLs have to a) learn to keep their pads down and b) are normally faster and more flexible then exclusively OL recruits.

It isn't that we don't look at big guys if they can move; we recruited both Shamire and Hall (too bad about him) because they were humongous and had quick feet. But the kind of OL we want isn't a zone blocker who pushes and dances. We want OLs who will keep low, play fast, and hit people. It's a plus if they also played in a TO offense (hence Mackeehan), but the main thing we want is, as Coach Gaithers said, linemen who are "agile, mobile, and hostile."

If this means we pass on the occasional lard bucket, I'm all for it.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'm down as a Tech fan right now, but i keep hope alive. Remember that in the past few years we've followed up some crappy season's with really good seasons under CPJ.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
And i refuse to believe that Kirby is the next Nick Saban and he's about to lead uga on a uga-esque run of greatness.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Takethepoints, you have some valid points, but I think you are way off base with what skill sets we look for. I know for a fact (since I read the posts from some people on GTSwarm) that the only thing we look for in an offensive lineman is the ability to flop on the ground and hope somebody trips over them. :whistle: