I Think we Are Headed Into Dark Times...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For example, Jacob Eason was a 5-Star but he would be useless with our offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably would have been killer in our Run and Shoot package! You know, the other half of our offense...ahem...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I hear ya. I have concerns too. As far as the guard goes, that doesn’t bother me. The 1997 Denver Broncos didn’t have a single lineman that was over 300 pounds and they won the Super Bowl. We need mobile and athletic lineman. Maybe built more like D-lineman, honestly.

I would also say that our recruiting rank doesn’t bother me, for the most part. We have a different style of offense which makes it hard to gauge our recruiting with other teams, I think. For example, Jacob Eason was a 5-Star but he would be useless with our offense. Glaciers are more mobile than Eason.

Attendance is awful. I think a lot of UGAG fans may have bought up our season tickets because of the MB game and playing us at BDS this year. Maybe it’s me but quite a few fans that sat around me this year were doing everything but watching the game. Chatting, eating, texting, but not much involvement (even on third down defense). Our fan involvement is much more tepid than what I’ve seen at Clemson, ND, Auburn, etc. Sure, bigger stadiums but fans were tuned in and rowdy. If we could get our 40,000 to make some noise, I think it would energize the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On denver Dan Neil 6' 2" 285 # was a rookie guard who played a few games that year. Dan was and all state guard on my sons hs team. He was "too small " at Texas but was a weight room stud squat who could squat the world. Became all american at UT and all pro at Denver. Except for color of skin Dan and Shaq Mason could have been twins as when they blocked you , it looked like they were pushing a grocery cart.
Coach sisk( Lee gained 25 lbs and started as a freshman ) and watching Will and Braun can get him ready. In 2019 it would be cool to have 2 starting o line men from Lousiana !

Last edited:

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I’m not that worried about the program right now. We have ups and downs. It’s who we are. I will worry more if we decide to part ways with CPJ.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What's with all these emo fans coming out panicking about the recruiting gap like it's any different than usual.

UGA is on track to having an all-time class and their next one looks to be loaded too.

CPJ had multiple chances at really subpar UGA teams and blew most of them. He’s about to face ones that are like what Chan saw (or maybe better).

This is bad.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
UGA is on track to having an all-time class and their next one looks to be loaded too.

CPJ had multiple chances at really subpar UGA teams and blew most of them. He’s about to face ones that are like what Chan saw (or maybe better).

This is bad.

From 2005-2015 uga had the 4th most draft picks in the ncaa.. how much more talent could they possibly get? Lol

OMG really. Well let's examine closer. This year we had a lot of injury's on the O line. Two newbies at tackle. A first year starter at QB and BB, who both gained over a thousand yards each in 10 games. We lost 3 games on the last play of the game.
So what for next year. We return just about everyone on offense and get back Marshall at Tackle. We lose some secondary on defense but add some really good players from last years recruiting class. Schedule, we get UVA, Miami, Clemson at home. We have 3 very winnable OOC games and Louisville without Jackson. And before we crown Georgie NC and stand and applaud their recruits, they lose 30 seniors and 70% of their offense. I think we are a 9-3 team next year and that is my low ball prediction.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
OMG really. Well let's examine closer. This year we had a lot of injury's on the O line. Two newbies at tackle. A first year starter at QB and BB, who both gained over a thousand yards each in 10 games. We lost 3 games on the last play of the game.
So what for next year. We return just about everyone on offense and get back Marshall at Tackle. We lose some secondary on defense but add some really good players from last years recruiting class. Schedule, we get UVA, Miami, Clemson at home. We have 3 very winnable OOC games and Louisville without Jackson. And before we crown Georgie NC and stand and applaud their recruits, they lose 30 seniors and 70% of their offense. I think we are a 9-3 team next year and that is my low ball prediction.
:cool:(y)

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Bare with me here. Recruiting is slipping. Average 50 in the country and bottom half or third of ACC. OL is particularly horrendous in terms of recruiting. We just signed a 260 pound OG. Yikes!

Miami, UGA, Clemson have all stepped it up and widened the gap even further. Particularly UGA.

Coach who may or may not be coaching in 3 years. Probably making a coaching change at DC.

Air has been taken out of the excitement. Attendance at games continues to be horrid.

I think it are in for a lame duck period.
1. Jump is a Tackle, not a guard. Maye is the guard, he’s 295. Put 20 lbs on Jump during a redshirt year .and he’s 6’5 280, ideal for what we do.

2. Miami, UGA and Clemson have always significantly outrecruited us. If you think we’re going to compete with them for recruits without tens of millions more in the budget, your crazy.

3. It’s a dark time if there’s a DC change? Hasn’t everyone on this site and others been calling for a change? You’re just looking for reasons to complain.

4. Completely subjective on your part. I’m still excited about guys like King, Dingle, Chimdeza, etc. Attendance is on the fans. Show up, give money.

5. You’re just re-hashing the same, tired ****.

***This is a general thought. It’s hilarious to me that people complained when we offered C’Bo and now complain that he didn’t sign. Also, he’s our lowest rated recruit.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

This is bad.
We have won 10 of the last 40 games against them. There has always been a monumental gap in talent, even in the seasons we won. Worrying now because they are getting 6 five star players instead of 4 just seems pointless. The bigger worry is whether Kirby is the real deal or not as a game day coach which I think is still yet to be proven.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
***This is a general thought. It’s hilarious to me that people complained when we offered C’Bo and now complain that he didn’t sign. Also, he’s our lowest rated recruit.

That's because he hasn't been committed long enough to receive the GT bump. Too bad it's the next school he commits to that will be the benefactor of the GT bump and not actually GT...

:)

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We have won 10 of the last 40 games against them. There has always been a monumental gap in talent, even in the seasons we won. Worrying now because they are getting 6 five star players instead of 4 just seems pointless. The bigger worry is whether Kirby is the real deal or not as a game day coach which I think is still yet to be proven.

Since 2007 they’ve had more years with zero five stars than with four. They get a little over two per year on average.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm seriously sick and tired of this doom and gloom bull**** from the fan base. I know that we are in a rough patch, but don't tell me how to be a fan or that I should expect us to be at the bottom of the FBS/ACC for the next couple of years. We will be fine and I expect to see us come back stronger next year. As Aaron Rodgers said, R-E-L-A-X!!!!

Agree, Namaste. We are what we are and about what we have been. Last year was a bit worse than average but not out of the ordinary.

We ended up 2017 with a Power Ranking of .586 and 60th. http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2017.htm
And that is typical ...... here's the recent history. I'll update to 114 years of GT football after the championship game. https://gtswarm.com/threads/113-yea...ses-to-2016-9-wins-to-2017.12624/#post-326058
image.png

CPJ gets about the same average performance as Gailey or O'Leary with more variability. So that feeds the manic-depressive in all of us. Next year may be awful or a .800 Power Ranking year, who knows. At least baseball is coming.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
One of the cons of being a GT fan is seeing and hearing all of the cock envy some of our fans have when it comes to the mutts.
The fact that their performance on the field is inversely proportional to their fall in grad rates hasn't been publicized but it's striking. They have definitely gone all in for football at the cost of any kind of academic legitimacy. They're basically a semi-pro, mercenary team full of future NFL players, fry cooks and janitors. Woo hoo!

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I hate Georgia and root for them to lose. However, it is an absolute waste of neurotransmitter function to obsess over whether UGAg is going to be better than they are or not. They are already better than us, and have been for quite some time, and I don't see that changing. We need to focus on us getting better. If UGAg wins a Natty this year, whoopty do. The Mutt fans I know couldn't get anymore obnoxious. How is them being great going to change anything? We already can't outrecruit them for in-state kids on rare years when we literally had a better ranking, better record and beat them head to head. So why worry about it. We need to quit letting stinking Virginia Tech and North Carolina come in to Georgia and snag good players, and manage to land a few guys Tennessee and South Carolina get on years when they have a coaching change and that door opens up. If you want to be concerned, be concerned about the end of the season flop we had. After taking Miami to the wall and dominating Pitt and UNC, we end it by losing to UVA and getting our a** handed to us by Duke? In the words of Hillary Rodham Clinton- What Happened?