I Think we Are Headed Into Dark Times...

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Bare with me here. Recruiting is slipping. Average 50 in the country and bottom half or third of ACC. OL is particularly horrendous in terms of recruiting. We just signed a 260 pound OG. Yikes!

Miami, UGA, Clemson have all stepped it up and widened the gap even further. Particularly UGA.

Coach who may or may not be coaching in 3 years. Probably making a coaching change at DC.

Air has been taken out of the excitement. Attendance at games continues to be horrid.

I think it are in for a lame duck period.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Bare with me here. Recruiting is slipping. Average 50 in the country and bottom half or third of ACC. OL is particularly horrendous in terms of recruiting. We just signed a 260 pound OG. Yikes!

Miami, UGA, Clemson have all stepped it up and widened the gap even further. Particularly UGA.

Coach who may or may not be coaching in 3 years. Probably making a coaching change at DC.

Air has been taken out of the excitement. Attendance at games continues to be horrid.

I don't think GT is going to fall back where they were 1979-1983 however falling back to 1992-1994 is possible.:cry::arghh::vomit: I hope against hope that it doesn't happen however!:rolleyes:

Tech93

Helluva Engineer

I tend to agree with you and with all that contributions and ticket sales go down

THWG

Helluva Engineer

You do know that our recruiting has pretty much always been like that right?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If u have good west stand seats, i will trade my good( 40 yd behind d bench) west stand seats to two sure win games that start the season for your clemson tickets?
Truth in negotiations
2014 magic run season orange bowl , 2015 injuries and disaster, 2016 - good run and gator? 2017 start fast but falter, ..
Will we fold or will we fight?
My Answer = fight like hell.
Heres an offer 2 tickets to 2 easy win early season games for 2 clemson 40 yd line or better ?
GO Jackets.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow

Well, after reading that, I don't think I've ever been so excited for tax season...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm seriously sick and tired of this doom and gloom bull**** from the fan base. I know that we are in a rough patch, but don't tell me how to be a fan or that I should expect us to be at the bottom of the FBS/ACC for the next couple of years. We will be fine and I expect to see us come back stronger next year. As Aaron Rodgers said, R-E-L-A-X!!!!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I hear ya. I have concerns too. As far as the guard goes, that doesn’t bother me. The 1997 Denver Broncos didn’t have a single lineman that was over 300 pounds and they won the Super Bowl. We need mobile and athletic lineman. Maybe built more like D-lineman, honestly.

I would also say that our recruiting rank doesn’t bother me, for the most part. We have a different style of offense which makes it hard to gauge our recruiting with other teams, I think. For example, Jacob Eason was a 5-Star but he would be useless with our offense. Glaciers are more mobile than Eason.

Attendance is awful. I think a lot of UGAG fans may have bought up our season tickets because of the MB game and playing us at BDS this year. Maybe it’s me but quite a few fans that sat around me this year were doing everything but watching the game. Chatting, eating, texting, but not much involvement (even on third down defense). Our fan involvement is much more tepid than what I’ve seen at Clemson, ND, Auburn, etc. Sure, bigger stadiums but fans were tuned in and rowdy. If we could get our 40,000 to make some noise, I think it would energize the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm seriously sick and tired of this doom and gloom bull**** from the fan base. I know that we are in a rough patch, but don't tell me how to be a fan or that I should expect us to be at the bottom of the FBS/ACC for the next couple of years. We will be fine and I expect to see us come back stronger next year. As Aaron Rodgers said, R-E-L-A-X!!!!

RELAX;)

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
I hear ya. I have concerns too. As far as the guard goes, that doesn’t bother me. The 1997 Denver Broncos didn’t have a single lineman that was over 300 pounds and they won the Super Bowl. We need mobile and athletic lineman. Maybe built more like D-lineman, honestly.

I would also say that our recruiting rank doesn’t bother me, for the most part. We have a different style of offense which makes it hard to gauge our recruiting with other teams, I think. For example, Jacob Eason was a 5-Star but he would be useless with our offense. Glaciers are more mobile than Eason.

Attendance is awful. I think a lot of UGAG fans may have bought up our season tickets because of the MB game and playing us at BDS this year. Maybe it’s me but quite a few fans that sat around me this year were doing everything but watching the game. Chatting, eating, texting, but not much involvement (even on third down defense). Our fan involvement is much more tepid than what I’ve seen at Clemson, ND, Auburn, etc. Sure, bigger stadiums but fans were tuned in and rowdy. If we could get our 40,000 to make some noise, I think it would energize the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Elway on the roster didn't hurt.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting these past two years have been above Average for GT. Tech lost to two teams that are in the playoffs, and two teams that played for an ACC title. The Virginia, Duke and UT Losses are bad but Tech will more than likely make coaching changes because of them. You don't get worse when your competition gets better, don't see how people fall into that narrative. Attendance is bad because no one like to watch our offense, that's just what it is. We have a 4 Star ATH that chose Tech over UT, we are close to signing another 4 star ATH over VT. We have a DT from IMG Academy who chose Tech over UGA and FSU. I don't get why expectations are SO high every year after we beat UGA. 2009, 2015, and 2017 Tech fans all got excited after we finally beat UGA and then expect Tech to compete for a national title. I feel like all the Tech fans talked so much :poop: over the off season and now they look like idiots cause UGA Sold out and Blew us out of our own stadium. Tech will bounce back from this season, we have a bunch of True Sophomores and Red shirt Freshman that will make a HUGE difference next year.