I’m making a documentary about the 2014 season for its 10th anniversary

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Not really… they flat out took “97 away from us. we made our own luck in ‘99. Defensive stand and then the call to kick on 3rd down… all us. The refs just didn’t take it away that time!

Jasper Thanks was just a rare occasion that they made the right call. :)
Let’s be real though if instant replay was a thing then Jasper would be ruled down.

Regardless it was karma for Donnan doing for the TD.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And Johnson's overall win percentage, conference win percentage, FBS win percentage and bowl win percentage were all worse than Gailey's, who we fired to hire him. The discrepancy would be even larger if Johnson hadn't inherited 9 position players from Gailey who were NFL draftees and allowed Johnson to go 19-7 his first two years. Johnson left behind 1 such player in 2018 because he didn't recruit. We had a good offense, but it's still about winning games.

Firing Gailey and hiring Johnson was a major mistake. That hiring decision was driven by the athletic board, which was clueless, and by Clough who didn't care about athletics. So glad we now have a school president who does care.

And I don't need any snarky comments. I didn't bring up Johnson's achievements, but I will set them straight if someone else does.
Wow. Makes me wonder why we ever got rid of Gailey. 😊

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
There have been some eye-opening calls by SEC officials in the GT-UGa game over the years. I recall an interference call in the end zone that was a terrible call (don't recall the year) which cost us a win.
I think 1997, called against Marvious Hester. Also 2007 against Burnett.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I can’t remember a single football play that made me as mad as the Justin Thomas “scoop”-and-score in that 2014 UGA game. Absolutely bull**** homecooking 14 point swing.
You talking about at the goal line when forward progress stopped and no whistle. May have been the worst call I have ever witnessed that was so obviously wrong and I've seen quite a few.