Home vs Tennessee

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Tenn was just the better team, and without Okogie we can't afford to have Alvarado miss the shots he did. Played much better than friday. I think having to beat the press took a lot out of Jose even though he did a good job with it.

That being said we have to do something to adjust our offense. If we go small teams are going to attack the 4th guard inside every time. UT did this as soon as Alston came into the game in the second half. When Gueye is in the game we need to have him be either on one of the blocks or at the free throw line if he isn't setting screens. Similar with Wright but he can be a little more extended.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Tenn was just the better team, and without Okogie we can't afford to have Alvarado miss the shots he did. Played much better than friday. I think having to beat the press took a lot out of Jose even though he did a good job with it.

That being said we have to do something to adjust our offense. If we go small teams are going to attack the 4th guard inside every time. UT did this as soon as Alston came into the game in the second half. When Gueye is in the game we need to have him be either on one of the blocks or at the free throw line if he isn't setting screens. Similar with Wright but he can be a little more extended.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Just another year as a GT fan.

Just to make it interesting stop playing AD with Lammers. What a killer of offense AD is each time he touches the ball.
There are not enough good things he does defensively to warrant the 20+ minutes of suffering it causes us offensively. I'd rather just let Moses get the experience.

Haywood is frustrating too right now. Every time he does something good he immediately follows it with a bad WTF play defensively. He's a freshman though so I'm optimistic.

We're just too young to be clutch this year. Last year we had the experience. This year we can't turn the corner to put the other team away.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
There are not enough good things he does defensively to warrant the 20+ minutes of suffering it causes us offensively. I'd rather just let Moses get the experience.

Haywood is frustrating too right now. Every time he does something good he immediately follows it with a bad WTF play defensively. He's a freshman though so I'm optimistic.

We're just too young to be clutch this year. Last year we had the experience. This year we can't turn the corner to put the other team away.

Defense was great down stretch last year. It's been bad this year. Can't imagine how bad it would be without a shot blocker like Lammers.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Defense was great down stretch last year. It's been bad this year. Can't imagine how bad it would be without a shot blocker like Lammers.
Part of it is Haywood and Alston are not great defenders. Should be better with Okogie in there so we only have 1 weak spot instead of 2.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good news is we looked better tonight than we did against Grambling State... Bad news is that we got beat by a better team tonight.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Haywood is one of the only bright spots I see.

But hey, Lammersand Jax will graduate.....Okogie will probably go pro, I’ll advised no doubt and blah blah blah

Rinse repeat

Deleted member 2897

2 months?

Try 12 years.
It’s a futile activity being a fan of this program.

Are you sure you know how to fan? You should be a fan even when times are tough. Unless the only thing you care about is winning - if so, UNCheat usually has tickets available.

Deleted member 2897

Anybody think my 6-12 ACC prediction is silly anymore? We'll get there, but we need Okogie and time for all the new guys to get in a groove.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Our defense is not as good as last year. Ben's ankle is part but a lot is freshman and newcomers trying to figure out how to play defense the way CJP wants it played. Peirimeter defense sucked today for a long time and then we couldn't stop them in the paint. It has to improve across the board.

Regardless we were in it at about the 3 minute mark until everyone decided they had to put up the first 3 point shot they could soon as the ball got past halfcourt. I really hope AD gets more confidence in his game but the 3 from the parking lot ain't what I had in mind. Tadric and someone else followed right after that play and we were done for. 3 times down court with really bad possessions and the game was over. The open 3's Jose started making were actually just frustrating as they only showed what we could have gotten in the 3 bad posessions with a little bit of patience. Learning curve is steep for the freshmen.

Okogie can't get back fast enough. Whether he plays at the 3 or 4 I don't care - I just want a legit scorer and hopefully someone to calm the team down when they need it.