Home vs Tennessee

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unless we can get the real Ben Lammers to please stand up, that 4 points won’t be nearly enough. Crazy as it sounds, I think Tenn might be the best team we’ve played yet.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TN s definitely the best team we have played to date. Not sure they are as talented as NW or UCLA, but they play harder and play very well as a team.
We got blown out by them last year and i am sort of expecting the same tonight. i'll be there cheering on GT though.

My thought on sitting Lammers since i raised it is to go to 4 guard set and rotate the bigs in the 5 spot.

None of this is ideal right now. Lammers is really limited, Okogie isn't playing. Ogbonda got injured before the season started and just got cleared to play last week.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Crap. I can’t go to the game. I love my job. I have three tickets. Section 101. Micdcourt behind scorers table. Anyone want them for face value?

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TN s definitely the best team we have played to date. Not sure they are as talented as NW or UCLA, but they play harder and play very well as a team.
We got blown out by them last year and i am sort of expecting the same tonight. i'll be there cheering on GT though.

My thought on sitting Lammers since i raised it is to go to 4 guard set and rotate the bigs in the 5 spot.

None of this is ideal right now. Lammers is really limited, Okogie isn't playing. Ogbonda got injured before the season started and just got cleared to play last week.

Missing Lammers offense doesn’t help, but we’re not good enough defensively to take him out of the game. We’ve been letting guys pass us by on the drive, and he’s been big in erasing some of those mistakes.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On my way to church. My contribution for tonight will be prayer for ankle healing, confidence and shooting touch.

We will see a sagging defense and an all out attack on Lammers. I will pray

Aside from the ankle, it’s going to take someone getting hot from 3pt land to win tonight.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Would be nice to have some atmosphere in the arena then if that were the case. Hope the students turn out.

I think we'll rebound and play with a lot more heart today. Not sure if that will translate to a win over tourney-bound Tennessee.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes games like that are learning experiences. Hopefully we can go small and rotate Ben with Gueye who can at least require guarding in the post. Need CGB to be much more aggressive. Sadly, Tadric needs a reduced role. It's true he's sometimes the only one with offense out there, but he makes everyone else worse on O. Save him for a spark plug role and pull him when the body language goes sour.