Hey is it time to talk Uni's

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
IF we ever wear Blue home shirts I hope it is with White pants
IF we ever wear Gold home shirts I hope it is with White hats.

I would not object to a really sharpe Triple White (with great Gold trim) home uni. The old Jets and Baltimore Colts often wore Triple White at home.

You think anyone will really listen to us without a $20 mill donation?

IF we ever wear Blue home shirts I hope it is with White pants
IF we ever wear Gold home shirts I hope it is with White hats.

I would not object to a really sharpe Triple White (with great Gold trim) home uni. The old Jets and Baltimore Colts often wore Triple White at home.

You think anyone will really listen to us without a $20 mill donation?
As I am sure you already know, I don't want to see blue shirts, but I like your other ideas.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I think it's the 2015 blue jersey we just did not wear it. It has numbers on the shoulders like the white ones we wore against UGA. You will see these this year if we wear navy tops.

Flea, you don't have to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable but has Will EVER expressed any opinion about the Tech uniforms? A friend and I have an ongoing argument about this. My opinion is that the players are pretty much meh while he thinks that at least some of them are as obsessed with the whole color scheme business as the fans appear to be.

jacob

Banned

Attachments

• 115422496 (1).jpg
    115422496 (1).jpg
    954.3 KB · Views: 69

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
Is this breaking news? I kind of thought this was openly announced a while ago. I was expecting to read something about us switching immediately or a new supplier being picked. I just don't really get the point of this ajc article.
Georgia Tech never released an official announcement that we were moving on until now. We've known for a while, but it's always been on an unofficial basis

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Encouraging article in today's AJC:
"When Georgia Tech’s apparel contract with Russell Athletic expires in June 2018, the school will move on to a new apparel provider."

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
“We’ve got another year in our contract, so we definitely, with the direction that Russell’s kind of moving in corporate-wise, we’re going to be making a transition,” Stansbury told the AJC.

Russell Athletic’s presence in Division I college athletics has decreased in recent years. In 2016-17, Tech was reportedly one of four FBS schools with a Russell contract. Ohio University, Western Kentucky and Southern Mississippi were the three others. Ohio, whose Russell Athletic contract ended this past academic year, switched to Adidas. Western Kentucky and Russell Athletic, which are both located in Bowling Green, Ky., will part ways at the end of June, one year into a five-year contract extension. The school, a Russell partner since 2007, will join the Nike empire.

The brand also ended its sponsorship of an Orlando, Fla., bowl game after last season. That leaves Tech and Southern Mississippi as the only FBS schools not outfitted by Adidas, Nike or Under Armour.

Tech might well have come to the decision on its own, as school athletes, fans and athletic department staff were largely unenthusiastic about Russell Athletic’s offerings.
From the myAJC article, it looks like it was Russell that told us they were not interested in renewing. Although this is probably a classic case of the "You're fired," "No I'm not. I quit" situation, it does seem that Russell has seen the writing on the wall and is pulling out of major collegiate athletics altogether.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like Adidas. Maybe they make a GT Ultra Boost like they did for da U, Louisville, and a few other schools. That would make me very happy. I love those shoes.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm good with Nike, and Adidas has done a decent job with Texas A&M's blah maroon/white colors. Although I like some of the UA unis I've seen, I think UA's out of favor with the kids. I know their stock is not performing well. And most important of all, UA stuff doesn't fit me as well as Adidas or Nike.