Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
I just learned that the guy who cuts my grass was hosptalized with a severe reaction to the Moderna vaccine.
double pneumonia plus severe headaches and fever... ugh
another sidenote is that now the NY yankees have 8 fully vaccinated players with covid- go figure

Deleted member 2897

I just learned that the guy who cuts my grass was hosptalized with a severe reaction to the Moderna vaccine.
another sidenote is that now the NY yankees have 8 fully vaccinated players with covid- go figure

I bet they're all glad they got vaccinated since they don't have any symptoms at all. That was the point. Although I question their decision making in that they got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Its much less effective than Pfizer and Moderna. Although looks like its working out fine for them. And to Milwaukee's point - why are people testing healthy fully vaccinated people? We've lost our minds.

GT_EE78

Banned
I bet they're all glad they got vaccinated since they don't have any symptoms at all. That was the point. Although I question their decision making in that they got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Its much less effective than Pfizer and Moderna. Although looks like its working out fine for them. And to Milwaukee's point - why are people testing healthy fully vaccinated people? We've lost our minds.
In my neck of the woods the only healthy asymptomatic people who get tested are the ones who must because their employer requires it. So its the same people getting tested over and over.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Vaccine doesn't mean that you will not get the virus. It means that your body will be able to fight it and make it highly unlikely that you have to be hospitalized or die. Period !!!!

It also helps you if you are vaccinated and do pick up the virus from shedding the virus and passing it on to others.

The players were either asymptomatic or MILDLY symptomatic. Apparently not enough symptoms to make them so sick that they could not practice or play..

So, bottom line the vaccine did its job.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There’s significant differences in how we think as a nation & you can see the stark division on here daily. Some trust the experts & will defend them with their last dying breath, others clamor for the raw data & prefer analyze it for themselves so they can either validate what they’re being told or often reaching conclusions the experts don’t want them to reach because they’ve manipulated the data. Here’s some great analysis. Enjoy, unless you prefer to play ostrich.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Getting my first Pfizer dose in about 10 min then heading straight to the bar for bottomless mimosas, ya know like a gentleman.
If anyone reads about an intoxicated man dying at Cafe Benelux just hours after his Pfizer shot that would be me.

If your gonna go out, do you really want to do it drinking “mimosas”?

/

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
There’s significant differences in how we think as a nation & you can see the stark division on here daily. Some trust the experts & will defend them with their last dying breath, others clamor for the raw data & prefer analyze it for themselves so they can either validate what they’re being told or often reaching conclusions the experts don’t want them to reach because they’ve manipulated the data. Here’s some great analysis. Enjoy, unless you prefer to play ostrich.

That’s a big red pill...

Although a bit too heavy reading.

/

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Vaccine doesn't mean that you will not get the virus. It means that your body will be able to fight it and make it highly unlikely that you have to be hospitalized or die. Period !!!!

It also helps you if you are vaccinated and do pick up the virus from shedding the virus and passing it on to others.

The players were either asymptomatic or MILDLY symptomatic. Apparently not enough symptoms to make them so sick that they could not practice or play..

So, bottom line the vaccine did its job.
Actually, the new data is showing that if you're vaccinated, you've gained immunity to the virus, at least the initial strains. The data also shows that you are not an asymptomatic carrier, i.e. full immunity. This is why the CDC is removing any restrictions from vaccinated people.

Deleted member 2897

Actually, the new data is showing that if you're vaccinated, you've gained immunity to the virus, at least the initial strains. The data also shows that you are not an asymptomatic carrier, i.e. full immunity. This is why the CDC is removing any restrictions from vaccinated people.

The data going back several months through the original trials shows that vaccinated people rarely ever get sick and do not pass the virus in to other people. There has never been any evidence they pass it to other people.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Glad I got vaccinated - feel strongly that the vaccines, at least the Moderna and Pfizer, are doing a great job for almost everyone who took them. So, I am thankful for Op Warp Speed. Would I rather depend on successful treatment options in the future, like the one being worked on in Israel currently? No doubt about it! But I am still glad to have gotten the mRNA vaccine a few months back, and I did have some side effects (chills and body aches) with the 2nd dose.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think you're wrong. I think they've finally gotten it right. Vaccinated people should have restrictions removed. That is what the science is saying. (or are you saying it's sad that it took this long?)
I don't understand why it took so long. The science says that vaccinated people don't need masks. The science has said that for some time. The policy decisions might be to still keep mask mandates for concern that non-vaccinated people will stop wearing masks, but that isn't science that is policy. The scientists should simply state what the science is, period. Policy makers should take the science, community concerns, and other concerns to develop policy. If the policy decision is that everyone should continue to use masks until a higher societal level of immunity is reached, that would be fine. However, don't mix the science and policy to attempt to confuse the public into following policy. I would rather the scientists and government be honest with the public, even if the public decides not to follow the policies. By flat out disregarding the actual science and making statements that are contrary to the actual science adds fuel to extremists who rail against policies.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Nothing to see here obviously.

It’s everywhere and in every country that does advanced research including, France, Germany, England, etc. The Canadians got deceived as well.

The Thousand Talents program has its tenacles in every major research arm worldwide, including at Georgia Tech. It’s naive to think its motives are other than what is readily apparent to the most casual observer. There’s a common theme here and the deny, deny, deny crowd knows not what they’re doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.