Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Study groups being small can certainly benefit from the use of control groups. But group size in and of itself is only 1 part of why control groups exist. Its a false assertion to say if a group is large enough, you don't need a control group. Conversely, ideally you want conditions between the two groups to be as identical as possible...which isn't remotely possible in this case. Furthermore, the notion that we're going to force tens of thousands of people against their will to not take a vaccine that is at minimum highly effective and highly safe is ludicrous. So there's that.
In a perfect world...but we don't live in a perfect world. They didn't do control groups with the smallpox vaccine (by the way, that's where the word "vaccine" actually originated. People were inoculated with cowpox to protect themselves against smallpox). They were trying everything to keep people from dying.

I think there won't be any issues identifying long-term side effects associated with the vaccinations if they arise. I got vaccinated. My 18-22-year-old children were vaccinated and I'll vaccinate my 2 12-year olds later this month when they are able to be vaccinated. I'm comfortable with the data we've seen. Others make their choices and I don't judge; I just expect people to respect my decision too and not judge me.

Deleted member 2897

In a perfect world...but we don't live in a perfect world. They didn't do control groups with the smallpox vaccine (by the way, that's where the word "vaccine" actually originated. People were inoculated with cowpox to protect themselves against smallpox). They were trying everything to keep people from dying.

I think there won't be any issues identifying long-term side effects associated with the vaccinations if they arise. I got vaccinated. My 18-22-year-old children were vaccinated and I'll vaccinate my 2 12-year olds later this month when they are able to be vaccinated. I'm comfortable with the data we've seen. Others make their choices and I don't judge; I just expect people to respect my decision too and not judge me.

Same here, we’re all vaccinated in every direction up and across except our 15 year old. But that’s not too far away.

Deleted member 2897

CDC projects sharp decline in cases. ****ing clowns LOLOLOL. A month ago their director felt an impending sense of doom. Idiots. Everyone knew where we were headed. Raze their headquarters campus.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Milwaukee

Banned
Was in Sam’s last night and heard an announcement from the pharmacy on the speaker system “We have 4 doses of Covid vaccine that will expire tonight if anyone wants a shot you can come to the pharmacy right now and take it”. Is this common? I couldn’t help but to laugh.

Deleted member 2897

I love those circles. Per the CDC, you don’t need masks if you keep your space. Or if you wear masks, you don’t need to keep 6 feet away. Also, we don’t do that with the flu, which is much more deadly for kids.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
D2711517-63A7-4E49-BEE2-C3DD67CCB76F.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

I think Californians are happy they started opening up a couple months ago like everyone else. Their economy is doing much better and covid numbers have absolutely collapsed:

Cases continue to collapse nationwide. (Had to troll the CDC as usual, LOLOLOL)
doom.jpg

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I think Californians are happy they started opening up a couple months ago like everyone else. Their economy is doing much better and covid numbers have absolutely collapsed:

Cases continue to collapse nationwide. (Had to troll the CDC as usual, LOLOLOL)
View attachment 10485
To be somewhat fair to her, cases did go up consistently for a couple of weeks after she made that statement. The 7 day average rose a bit over 9% in that time frame. Doom was always a silly choice of words though. I guess she wanted to get her point across before spring break.

Deleted member 2897

To be somewhat fair to her, cases did go up consistently for a couple of weeks after she made that statement. The 7 day average rose a bit over 9% in that time frame. Doom was always a silly choice of words though. I guess she wanted to get her point across before spring break.

No need to be fair to her - we laughed at her then, because we were firing on all cylinders on vaccinations. Deaths were decreasing and continued to decrease. And now 1 month later the CDC admits covid cases will completely collapse over the next couple of months. All the data was out there and the writing was on the wall. Its amazing how they continue to ignore their own data. The CDC back when she said that was not predicting cases and deaths would increase - there was no reason for her to feel that way or to say it.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
No need to be fair to her - we laughed at her then, because we were firing on all cylinders on vaccinations. Deaths were decreasing and continued to decrease. And now 1 month later the CDC admits covid cases will completely collapse over the next couple of months. All the data was out there and the writing was on the wall. Its amazing how they continue to ignore their own data. The CDC back when she said that was not predicting cases and deaths would increase - there was no reason for her to feel that way or to say it.
Not sure we knew then what the impact of the vaccines on the new variants.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
When she said it cases nationally had already been going up for about a week and continued for another two weeks after she said it. The weather was changing and people were getting out more. Spring break was coming. She had plenty of reasons to express unease about the situation at the time. Like I said though, Doom was an over exaggeration she didn't need to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.