Haynes King starting vs. UL

Should we merge some stuff

• Move the starting QB posts from the depth chart thread into this one

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Leave the threads as they are now

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Make one big thread

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Fire Danny Hall (whoops, this is football)

Votes: 27 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Judging by his A&M highlights and his conflict with Jimbo, Haynes looks to me to be a gunslinger while Pyron is a different breed of cat. Maybe that appeals more to the coaches. Who knows? We will soon see.
It's impossible for us to know at this point. We don't really know exactly what the offense and play calling will look like. The folks that do know are the ones that pulled the trigger on naming the starter. Godspeed.

KonanGT92

Georgia Tech Fan
I’ll pull for whoever the starter is but I’ve always thought King would be the starter. My favorite players are the ones that gives us the best chance to win. I’m also looking for big things out of LB’r Braelen Oliver too, this dude gets to the football. I’m telling ya guys, this is a different team with a different attitude so forget about the last 4 years and look forward to some George O’Leary years going forward. The transfer portal was good to us and we will see it on the field. Just win baby!
This is 100% a different team with a great vibe. Credit to Coach Key and staff. What a great staff he’s put together! I see much fire in everyone’s eyes which means more than anything. I was at GT in 89 and told many (and bet a few) in off season Tech had a special team. I believe this team is better than people think. I know we haven;t played a snap but I look at the many positives from last year including only being down a couple of scores in the 3rd to the eventual national champ. We turned over to give them short field twice. Other than that, it was much closer than final score. GT football is going to surprise this year

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
That analyst comparison really does both players a disservice, I think, by ignoring the offensive coaching of the last three years vs what I’m hoping to see this year.
Wow, That take is going to age like milk
Did y'all read the same article I did? The one where the author references another disparaging 247 article about transfers, but goes on to say "I would disagree with this analysis and the main reason is that I don't think King was running an offense suited to what he does best at Texas A&M and he could be much better in Buster Faulkner's system".

JacketFan137

Banned
Wow, That take is going to age like milk
maybe, maybe not. would not surprise me if a different coach, especially one as good as matt rhule has been in college, gets a lot more out of sims than collins, patenaude and chip king could. it is also very possible in a few weeks pyron is starting for us.

would rather it be king the whole way through as that means we made the right decision but 18-22 year players are so unpredictable

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Did y'all read the same article I did? The one where the author references another disparaging 247 article about transfers, but goes on to say "I would disagree with this analysis and the main reason is that I don't think King was running an offense suited to what he does best at Texas A&M and he could be much better in Buster Faulkner's system".
I hope you are right but we still haven't seen Faulkner's system with our personnel. I am hopefully optimistic.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah I was disagreeing with the quoted one and agreeing with the link. Too many layers!

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Amazing how some people are pessimistic a week away from the season opener. If you can't be pumped and excited about the potential of this QB and team then turn in your fan card.
I’m quite sure most of the folks on this forum love Ga Tech but it has been tough the last 4 years. It’s Brent Key time now baby and the future is bright for Ga Tech football! Let’s go Ga Tech, send dem cardinals back to Kentucky with a butt kicking!