Haynes King starting vs. UL

Should we merge some stuff

• Move the starting QB posts from the depth chart thread into this one

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Leave the threads as they are now

Votes: 41 46.1%
  • Make one big thread

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Fire Danny Hall (whoops, this is football)

Votes: 27 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Strange imo considering Key was adamant on not naming a starter before Louisville. I am excited to see how he does though.

Then again, what if this is just a ploy to throw off Louisville and actually starts pyron lol

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Very surprised if officially announced already.

Brent Key was adamant Tuesday that there are no gray areas in his program. Thus, he made the decision Monday to name a starting quarterback and told Haynes King and Zach Pyron that the Yellow Jackets would be riding with King, a Texas A&M transfer, to start the season.

“Black and white, to the point, we don’t sugarcoat things,” Key said. “I don’t believe in sugarcoating any message, much less a message that deals with who the starting quarterback on this football team is going to be as well as when you’re dealing with kids that are 18-21, 22 years old. There’s no sugarcoating. It’s direct, it’s why and what needs to continue to be worked on and move forward from there.”

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I also don’t think naming a starter is detrimental anyways. It’s not like there’s a ton of difference between our guys. Actually I think HK has a little more mobility/quicks than ZP which would make Louisville have to do a little more prep for QB runs.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I also don’t think naming a starter is detrimental anyways. It’s not like there’s a ton of difference between our guys. Actually I think HK has a little more mobility/quicks than ZP which would make Louisville have to do a little more prep for QB runs.

He's faster but I don't think he's the better overall running threat.

King likes to push the ball down the field which is what Key has indicated he wants to do. Let's see if it actually materializes in a real game plan, but I expect us to be very aggressive offensively.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Really liked Pyron and pray he stays, but excited to see this. They can both run well, but king looks like he has an extra gear. Hope this means designed runs in passing looks.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
After watching our previous QB for a few seasons that is exactly what we need. It’s like the previous coach took a stud mobile QB and convinced him to try and be a pocket passer in order to get in the NFL. And he ruined that guy.

I agree here. There were so many times I screamed at the tv to take off with all the terrain open in front of him.