Hawaii Diamond Head Classic

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't touch a GT line with a 10 foot pole in the next 5 or so games. Way to unpredictable right now with the new additions along with how we've shown up or not this year. We looked like a team that could go toe to toe with Kentucky at their place with Usher and Jose, but have also looked disinterested against Cuse, and completely out of sync against Ball State.

Even the Boise game, I'm not too sure how to judge it. Was it a one hit wonder of an emotional high of Jose returning and we'll see some of the old issues resurface, or can we expect even better results once the rust wears off and he and Devoe find their range from 3? Which Usher can we expect going forward? Will Moore and Banks come out of their funks going forward or will they continue through their sophomore slumps? Will Bubba be okay after being run over by a truck about 4 times? Just too many questions right now to be sure how any game is going to go.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't touch a GT line with a 10 foot pole in the next 5 or so games. Way to unpredictable right now with the new additions along with how we've shown up or not this year. We looked like a team that could go toe to toe with Kentucky at their place with Usher and Jose, but have also looked disinterested against Cuse, and completely out of sync against Ball State.

Even the Boise game, I'm not too sure how to judge it. Was it a one hit wonder of an emotional high of Jose returning and we'll see some of the old issues resurface, or can we expect even better results once the rust wears off and he and Devoe find their range from 3? Which Usher can we expect going forward? Will Moore and Banks come out of their funks going forward or will they continue through their sophomore slumps? Will Bubba be okay after being run over by a truck about 4 times? Just too many questions right now to be sure how any game is going to go.

I am kind of in that same boat though I really want to buy the logic that the models that set the line haven't caught up to Jose and Usher being added. But there are still a lot of questions to be answered for sure

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Call me Scrooge of this site, but I want to see us play more than one brilliant half before I decide we are "back".

If we play like this for a couple of weeks, then I'll get enthused.....

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I absolutely still do feel this way. We still havent played a complete game yet and have been down every game we've played this year. I realize that its hard to play a full 40 minutes and basketball is a game of runs but I would really like to see more consistency.

I hear you on the needing to be conveyed we can keep what we showed going and do it for the full 40 minutes. I don’t disagree.

I was just curious if you were still thinking it unlikely we could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I am concerned about Jose's ankle playing 2 days in a row. I hope coaches keep a close eye on him and pull him if he shows any discomfort. Also I know that was an emotional event for the team yesterday and I hope they don't suffer an emotional let down today with little rest.
Go Jackets!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am concerned about Jose's ankle playing 2 days in a row. I hope coaches keep a close eye on him and pull him if he shows any discomfort. Also I know that was an emotional event for the team yesterday and I hope they don't suffer an emotional let down today with little rest.
Go Jackets!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm with you on this. I'm still not sure Jose's ankle is fully healed even though he looked great last night. We have a chance to win games with him without him we are toast. Medical staff has to keep a close eye on it. I noticed he was stretching it with a band when he was on the bench. And walking around behind the bench. Fingers crossed. I am just so hungry for Tech basketball to win again. I've been closely following Tech hoops for 35 years and I can't keep taking all these dang losses.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
That amazing stat--we had only 4 assts with 20! TOs and won by 14. Weird.
Jose 's not big but plays much bigger om DEf than Bubba.It really showed in this game.
If devoe gets his 3 shot back we could be decent. We'll see tonite.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
All I want for Christmas (okay not really) is for Georgia tech to recruit some players they can actually put the ball in the hole regularly.
We are a crappy shooting pain.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Gotta love it when a shot goes up with all 5 players outside the 3 point line and all 5 just start back pedaling.

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we ever practice? Houston has driven down right side 0f lane for 7 lay ups... this is embarrassing... I get that we can't shoot a f***ing lick..but defense is 100% coaching...turning the game off now and will not watch another this season.