Hawaii Diamond Head Classic

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree that is the optimistic case and will be pulling for it

Doesn't change the fact the schedule is about to get a lot harder and we will still need 12 ACC wins to be bubbly. We haven't come close to that that I can recall

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
In before the negative folks. I do.

Hear me out.

Jose just got the best outcome he could for coming back from injury. Three quick games in succession without any stumbling should have his confidence back to normal for the cuts he will need to make in ACC play.

Throw in us finally having some tape to coach from for Jordan to see the fine line between balling out and out of control balling and I think he’ll steady and improve through the back half of the season.

Devoe seems to be getting more comfortable with his return to the 2 spot and Bubba has improved his handle to spell JA as needed so we have a good solid set of guard line ups.

Moses May have just found out he is a man playing amongst boys when he gets to high gear. I think he will continue his improvement.

Banks remains a question mark for me. He could be so much more than he is showing. With consistency he would be an elite (all-ACC big) so I’m hoping he comes alive, if he doesn’t though I think we can still make hay rotating through Khalid, Moses, Cole and co.

Our defense seems to be holding up well and should continue through the season and we finally started getting some transition points in the back of the tourney. Again having these things on tape to coach to should make a world of difference.

As is always the case with CJP teams if we can find a way to avoid the turnover bug and keep our guys honest at the line we can still make a splash and do some dancing NCAA (notoriously compromised against Atlanta ) be damned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean I hear you. We can argue all day long about why we are where we are, but it doesn’t change where we are. And yeah, we have to actually play the games. But we are 6-6 and 15-loss teams don’t really make the tournament. Assuming one ACC tourney loss that means we can only lose 7 other games. Means we have to go 11-7 the rest of the way to even get on the bubble, let alone make it. Now, if we do that I’ll be arguing that we deserve a shot. I’m just not very confident that this group will have the best ACC record of any Tech basketball team in the last 23 years. maybe they’ll surprise me. I’ll be watching.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I mean I hear you. We can argue all day long about why we are where we are, but it doesn’t change where we are. And yeah, we have to actually play the games. But we are 6-6 and 15-loss teams don’t really make the tournament. Assuming one ACC tourney loss that means we can only lose 7 other games. Means we have to go 11-7 the rest of the way to even get on the bubble, let alone make it. Now, if we do that I’ll be arguing that we deserve a shot. I’m just not very confident that this group will have the best ACC record of any Tech basketball team in the last 23 years. maybe they’ll surprise me. I’ll be watching.

Agreed. I know I am being optimistic, but I think it’s feasible and being down is just less fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk