Hawaii Diamond Head Classic

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do we ever practice? Houston has driven down right side 0f lane for 7 lay ups... this is embarrassing... I get that we can't shoot a f***ing lick..but defense is 100% coaching...turning the game off now and will not watch another this season.

Huh? Nothing is 100% coaching. The difference in this game is literally one player, Grimes, who is the best player on the court that we have nobody who can stay in front of.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we ever practice? Houston has driven down right side 0f lane for 7 lay ups... this is embarrassing... I get that we can't shoot a f***ing lick..but defense is 100% coaching...turning the game off now and will not watch another this season.
The good news is that you won't have to listen to this annoying as hell ESPN 'color analyst' anymore. Is there a more unnecessary job in sports?

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Huh? Nothing is 100% coaching. The difference in this game is literally one player, Grimes, who is the best player on the court that we have nobody who can stay in front of.

True, but you gotta do something to try to stop that drive. Maybe put Moore on him?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
True, but you gotta do something to try to stop that drive. Maybe put Moore on him?

We've tried putting multiple people on him and going zone. Ideally we would funnel him to Banks but Banks is playing like trash and is not the rim protector he was.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Banks is a lost cause...don't know what's wrong with him, but those who have said we are better with Moses at the 5 are absolutely correct. The only reason I can see sticking with Banks out there is if we have totally lost faith in everyone else on the bench (notably Moore)

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
running plays other than handoffs that result in 20 seconds of dribbling followed by a pull-up triple would help......

he rcvd better coaching at VMI

Yeah it’s not just on him, as we’ve struggled with shooting consistently for years now. At some point we have to find ways to free up our shooters for open looks. And knock them down

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
This is a terribly coached team. You can’t convince me they wouldn’t be better with no coaching at all. Banks looks like a freshman out there.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah it’s not just on him, as we’ve struggled with shooting consistently for years now. At some point we have to find ways to free up our shooters for open looks. And knock them down

Does sending Bubba and Jose to stand in the corners while Moses dribbles at the top of the key count as freeing up our shooters?

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
soooo. thats another fine mess you got us in.

when banks fouled out coach said... i told you not to foul. not much going on between the two.

is banks having personal problems? grades? or is it the staff and banks?

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Our bench with a strong 0-8. At this point, Phillips offers just as much as Parham. Also, Moore is shooting about 30 pct this year from the field. Inexcusable as an ACC wing.