Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Really, screw your customer? His customers better damn well like what he gives them or they can go to hell. That’s a good strategy. Surely that’s not what you mean.

I do kind of mean that. Fans are fickle, hence shouldn’t be paid attention to. When you lose the fans in the stands go down, when you win the seats amazingly fill up. We are not customers - that is the problem many fans have and believe. TV is the real customer for GT. For Collins the real customers are high school kids because their signature on signing day is way more important than any fans signature on a check. I’ve never understood why fans believe they are entitled to anything.

Animal02

Banned
I do kind of mean that. Fans are fickle, hence shouldn’t be paid attention to. When you lose the fans in the stands go down, when you win the seats amazingly fill up. We are not customers - that is the problem many fans have and believe. TV is the real customer for GT. For Collins the real customers are high school kids because their signature on signing day is way more important than any fans signature on a check. I’ve never understood why fans believe they are entitled to anything.
No, not really. Since all of the ACC....i.e our competition, gets the same share from the network's....the difference in spending comes down to butts in the Seats and donors. Since that is the case, Collins needs to put a product on the field to attract those butts and donors and stop playing Sugar daddy to 18 y.os

herb

Helluva Engineer
I’ve never understood why fans believe they are entitled to anything.
Because they pay the bills? The tv money is there 1-11 or 12-0. Our record has no effect on that. I understand your point, but it DOES matter what the fans perceive. Do they give more, do they buy that extra season ticket, do they buy that sweatshirt we all want but for some reason tech won’t sell, etc.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Because they pay the bills? The tv money is there 1-11 or 12-0. Our record has no effect on that. I understand your point, but it DOES matter what the fans perceive. Do they give more, do they buy that extra season ticket, do they buy that sweatshirt we all want but for some reason tech won’t sell, etc.
We get 1.5x revenue from fans than we get from TV. Roughly $53M fan based revenue (tickets & donations, etc) to $37M from TV & ACC. Revenue from TV is big of course, but fans make the difference.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
GTFLETCH said:

It might be years before we can even get to 4 wins let alone Bowl eligible......We have entered the Bill Lewis Era part II!! I think CGC will be dismissed after year 4...unless he gets some 5 star recuits to commit!!! The Coaching staff has done a poor job of coaching their new scheme....

to which ibee said:

Not even close

I agree. CGC is not even close to being BL part 2. **** ***** never lost to an FCS team.

MWBATL said:

I am really curious as to why we are not comparing Collins to Bobby Ross. Of course, there are differences, just as there are with Collins and Lewis...but

Lewis took over a team that was 8-5 and played in a bowl game the previous year and went 5-6

Ross took over a team that had gone 5-5-1 the previous year and went 2-9, winless in the ACC and winless against "Power 5" opponents. (He did beat The Citadel)

How is it that our football geniuses on this site already can see that this is he reincarnation of Bill Lewis and not the reincarnation of Bobby Ross? I clearly need to learn more to be able to see the difference, so educate me....or is everything based on one poor game against The Citadel?

I think the answer to this is obvious. By your own (hopefully sarcastic) words, Ross took over a team that was winless in the ACC etc. CGC took over a team that was 5-3 in the ACC, second in the coastal. Like **** *****, CGC took over a team that played in a bowl game. It is indeed a wonder o_O why people might compare him to CBL and not CBR.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was given a warning - "Don't bash the previous staff - it's against site rules" but apparently this only applies to St. PJ and his Apostles since trolling posts like this garbage are allowed by the Admins. Bill Lewis, Chan Gailey et al are all "previous staff".
The mods are hoping that by allowing a thread such as this posters can use it to centralize all complaints, as opposed to peppering every other thread with the same verbiage. With that being said, we will still monitor this thread to make sure uncalled for attacks against other members do not occur.

The mods are hoping that by allowing a thread such as this posters can use it to centralize all complaints, as opposed to peppering every other thread with the same verbiage. With that being said, we still will monitor this thread to make sure uncalled for attacks against other members does not occur.
As a former CPJ supporter who still loves the man and what he brought to Tech, I don't like slams on him, but they should be acceptable posts regardless. If I don't agree with the post, then I either ignore it or make a counter post, but I DO believe they should be allowed. And so, in that sense, I stand by @RickStromFan

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As a former CPJ supporter who still loves the man and what he brought to Tech, I don't like slams on him, but they should be acceptable posts regardless. If I don't agree with the post, then I either ignore it or make a counter post, but I DO believe they should be allowed. And so, in that sense, I stand by @RickStromFan
Question for you & anyone else who cares to answer...have you considered the possibility that some posts have been removed because they were so completely off topic for a particular thread that they didn't actually apply to the conversation others were trying to have? Also, some posts have/will be removed if they are repeated on multiple threads, which leads one to believe the poster has some type of agenda that is designed to hijack the entire FB blog. As I said in the thread I started, I would encourage people who want to have conversations that are outside the scope of a specific thread topic then please "Start a conversation" with the poster/posters you desire.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The mods are hoping that by allowing a thread such as this posters can use it to centralize all complaints, as opposed to peppering every other thread with the same verbiage. With that being said, we will still monitor this thread to make sure uncalled for attacks against other members do not occur.

In all seriousness, moderators allowed at least two years of baseless, unreasonable criticism of our previous staff. That policy permitted emotional rants against CPJ and those who supported him. It also treated rational responses to the words of such posts as personal attacks against those who made them rather than challenges to the substance of the post. This policy resulted in our current culture.

For moderators to complain now about a culture that they created over the last couple-plus years seems to me to be misplaced. The moderators decided to make a safe space for anti-cpj trolls. Enjoy your creation.

Question for you & anyone else who cares to answer...have you considered the possibility that some posts have been removed because they were so completely off topic for a particular thread that they didn't actually apply to the conversation others were trying to have? Also, some posts have/will be removed if they are repeated on multiple threads, which leads one to believe the poster has some type of agenda that is designed to hijack the entire FB blog. As I said in the thread I started, I would encourage people who want to have conversations that are outside the scope of a specific thread topic then please "Start a conversation" with the poster/posters you desire.
IF a post is completely irrelevant to the subject of a given thread, then yes, I can see removing it. But comments about CPJ, pro or con, don't seem to me to be irrelevant and should just be left there for open discussion, if any is desired. Like I said, I can ignore the post, or make a counter post, and I don't see anything wrong with it, even if I totally object to the post. What galled me last night was that I got "alerts" that some posts I made had been deleted, and yet I wasn't informed what they were. I now THINK the posts removed were simply comments to an original post that had been deleted, but I would like to know for sure. But again I say, unless it is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to the subject of the thread, just leave them there.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The mods are hoping that by allowing a thread such as this posters can use it to centralize all complaints, as opposed to peppering every other thread with the same verbiage.

jwsavhGT, I appreciate the job that you and the mods do. WTBS, I think you are grossly overestimating the intelligence of our posters who seem to have an agenda or an axe to grind. Please keep up your good work !

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
As a long suffering Tech fan, I desperately want this staff to succeed. I will continue to attend games. I will continue to contribute. I will try not to throw players under the bus. :oops:

But will ask questions this morning. Did South Carolina beat uGag with a less talented team? If yes, then did coaching make a difference? If yes, then shouldn't we hold our coaches accountable and not make excuses for them?

I would never be one to describe Champ as a great X and O coach but he had his boys ready to play and they were not in the least intimidated by the Mutts and their retarded barking crowd. South Carolina beat UGA the way most upsets occur: turnovers are a great equalizer and UGA had way too many that negated all that offense they were doing between the twenties.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Both of those coaches have NEVER shown that they are great, or even good game coaches. The game was ugly in all aspects. Neirher coach played to win that game.

If uga gives us 4 turnovers and they dont score 21 pts in regulation, we will beat them.

Unfortunately, they are more likely to score 21 points in one quarter than to score only 21 in regulation. They moved the ball against South Carolina passing and running but turnovers and a pick six will eventually come back to haunt you.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
While waiting on some paella to come out, I'll hit you with some bill lewis trivia.

Did you know he coached dbs at GT in the 70s?
Did you know he also coached at U[sic]GA after he got fired from Wyoming in 80?
And most interestingly, a coach from his tree is ... Mark Richt?

(All useless info, just bored and hungry)

He seemed like a good hire at the time. Coach Dooly thought he was a very good defensive coordinator at UGA. To me, he never recovered from that night at Grant Field when we outplayed the FSU for three quarters and had the meltdown with their fast break offense and Charley Ward.