Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
we have 50th level talent but aren't playing top 100 football. Lewis is looking better .
But, but, but the recruiting promised land is just around the corner. It does not matter that we have never been able to consistently recruit the kind of OL and DL needed. Head meets sand for a good number of fans on this board.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Good points by golf and Mountain. I still don't see us getting the type of front line recruits that are needed to make a difference at the LOS. That is why I appreciated doing something difficult to defend under PJ. I am hoping CGC proves many of us wrong, but our belief is based on many, many years of seeing how difficult it is to recruit against the top teams when you are a STEM school. (a GREAT STEM school, but nonetheless a STEM school)

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Some of y’all are ridiculous. Sure, it’s frustrating right now, but give the coaches a break. It’s all new. I was way more frustrated last year and I’m a huge Paul Johnson guy. I definitely haven’t agreed with all of Collins in game moves, but none of that matters because this year doesn’t matter one bit. The ONLY thing that matters for GT football is recruiting right now. Sure, it stinks for the seniors and those players who will be shown the door but that is the plan set forth by our AD and Head Coach. They know what it takes to get us out of the abyss and by 2021 we’ll have offensive lineman that can actually compete on a P5 level. And, yes, we may not get 5* defensive lineman but we will have solid depth which is what we had under Ross and O’Leary.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Some of y’all are ridiculous. Sure, it’s frustrating right now, but give the coaches a break. It’s all new. I was way more frustrated last year and I’m a huge Paul Johnson guy. I definitely haven’t agreed with all of Collins in game moves, but none of that matters because this year doesn’t matter one bit. The ONLY thing that matters for GT football is recruiting right now. Sure, it stinks for the seniors and those players who will be shown the door but that is the plan set forth by our AD and Head Coach. They know what it takes to get us out of the abyss and by 2021 we’ll have offensive lineman that can actually compete on a P5 level. And, yes, we may not get 5* defensive lineman but we will have solid depth which is what we had under Ross and O’Leary.
Please tell me we are not writing off next year.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Our kids don’t quit. They are playing harder through injuries than any team we have had in over 10 years.

This is a better D than we have, given the talent, seen in 10 years. And D wins championships, which is more important than rushing titles.

We have not recruited enough OL & DL in 11 years.

We have hardly recruited ANY QBs in over 10 years.

Our kids won’t quit despite being outmanned. This staff deserves some credit for that.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Where will the improvement come from on O next year. We can't count on freshmen OL according to most on here. We have a true freshman QB and Yates is getting no PT so far. I am not sure LJ even comes back. JG needs to learn to throw better on the run and more short to intermediate passes. He has a strong arm. We are solid at RB. We need a really good TE that can block and catch. We will get some guys back off injury on the OL but just how good should we expect the OL to improve. Unless QB play really improves with minor OL improvement, next year may be just as frustrating. This offense we are determined to run really depends on big plays out of the QB.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Please tell me we are not writing off next year.

We are not writing off next year but we aren’t winning anything either so yeah, it will be another year of building, which is fine by me. I have no problem with the TStan/Collins plan. I endorse it. I’d rather take my licks for a couple of years and then be legit Coastal contenders for a decade or longer.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Good points by golf and Mountain. I still don't see us getting the type of front line recruits that are needed to make a difference at the LOS. That is why I appreciated doing something difficult to defend under PJ. I am hoping CGC proves many of us wrong, but our belief is based on many, many years of seeing how difficult it is to recruit against the top teams when you are a STEM school. (a GREAT STEM school, but nonetheless a STEM school)
Yeah it doesn’t matter what kind of skill position guys you have if you don’t have LOS guys, why is it we’ve always had hard time getting those ? Is that where the academics comes into play ?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
we have 50th level talent but aren't playing top 100 football. Lewis is looking better .

where do you think our qb talent ranks?

what about our OL? We are starting a walkon and a Vandy reject there.

it just baffles me how people can look at this team offensively and not see the severe limitations.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Yeah it doesn’t matter what kind of skill position guys you have if you don’t have LOS guys, why is it we’ve always had hard time getting those ? Is that where the academics comes into play ?
Interesting that we haven't had many 4 star LOS guys in the last 15 years and still won and went to bowl games... I do not see any 4 star or 5 star LOS guys committed in this upcoming class.... so it appears we better find some Coaches who can guy 2 & 3 stars up!!!

GTFLETCH

Banned
Lol at Collins being clearly perturbed with Ken mentioning that a player had started the game. Starts at the 10 minute mark. "We don't talk about starters in this program." -Collins
I can not wait for CGC to be fired!!! Clearly he a decent DC in way over his head here at GT!