Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
No way is Collins anywhere near BL as a coach. BL lost the team and they quit on him. Players and their parents didn't get along with him. Collins may not be a great game day coach yet but he has not lost his players. There was also a reason GOL came back to coach the D under Lewis. The D was coached by GOL as if it was his team. He was brought back to take over. Things had gotten that bad. I think these kids would go to war for Collins.

Your comments are dead on. BL's coaching tenure was a train wreck. Collins in no way compares to BL. CGC may not succeed at GT, but he has done a very good job in getting the team to play hard and not quit. Hopefully wins will come.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
It's more than distasteful to me; it's an embarrassment to the school.

Child molesters on staff is an embarrassment to the school (Penn State)

Rapists on the roster is an embarrassment to the school (Baylor)

Making up fake classes is an embarrassment to the school (UNC)

Paying a JuCo recruits dad 100k to come is an embarrassment to the school (Miss St)

Members of the administration rigging contracts to line their own pockets is an embarrassment to the school (Georgia Tech)

A bunch of kids (who are all red shirts) having a good time trying to pump up their teammates during a difficult season is hardly a an "embarrassment to the school". This sort of attitude is so toxic and will hopefully be changed by CGC. I played for CPJ and I loved the guy but this awful stodgy culture is so limiting

Paying a JuCo recruits dad 100k to come is an embarrassment to the school (Miss St)

Members of the administration rigging contracts to line their own pockets is an embarrassment to the school (Georgia Tech)

A bunch of kids (who are all red shirts) having a good time trying to pump up their teammates during a difficult season is hardly a an "embarrassment to the school". This sort of attitude is so toxic and will hopefully be changed by CGC. I played for CPJ and I loved the guy but this awful stodgy culture is so limiting
Obviously, this doesn't rise to the level (or anywhere near it) of the "crimes" you noted. But those kind of sideline antics are practiced by teams like Miami, and everybody criticizes them for it. Aren't we better than Miami?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer

Not to get the topic off track but the Penn State deal was about people getting paid and throwing a coach under the bus, Just like Duke lacrosse. Fortunately The duke players had the dna to prove that they were innocent

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Who cares during the game. I was at the Duke game sitting in the midst of the Dookies and directly across from the Tech bench. In all honesty I didn’t really notice what they were doing. I was watching the game. If the guys on the team are having some fun with it then do it. There are probably some on the team that aren't that into it but it is pretty harmless.

GTFLETCH

Banned

If CGC is a creating developmental program cultural...(NFL/CFL/XFL)

Why do I not see the bench players in those professional leagues jumping around like CGC juice crew redshirts?

Asking for a friend..

GTFLETCH

Banned
Most teams have some form of sideline hype. Literally the only people still talking about the juice crew are on this board. Non issue.
I think if CGC would not have rotated QBs and dorked up the FCS game maybe the juice crew wouldn't be a big deal... But when you hype jui e crew effort and do not apologize for piss poor coaching and game prep and lose to an 0-2 FCS team.. this is what you get... Could be worse could act like SEC fans and have death threats to the coaches... But this is Tech we do not do that stuff.

I would suspect if we beat Pitt...than people will start talking about going 6 wins and getting to a bowl and less about stupid juice crew stuff