Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Matt Rhule went 2-10 his first year at both Baylor and Temple. CGC inherited a team that had graduated Temple's best NFL draft class ever and a 4 year starter at QB. I will continue to fill in these conveniently omitted facts left hanging by the people with an anti-Collins agenda.
No agenda here. The question was why compare him to BL instead of BR. The FACTS I gave were the W-L totals of each coach. I didn’t give three or four years of stats to fit a point of view,I gave career d1 stats . I guess the point you are making is unless CGC gets nfl talent all over the field then he is not going to be able to coach’em up to have a great season. I guess we better recruit top 10 to be able to win the coastal

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I believe that is sad, because none of them (the other teams) enjoyed preparing and playing against it, so they had reason to try to convince our fan base (and former players) that it was a "high school" offense. I think part of the reason I am frustrated that we did not consider keeping a large majority of that system (with Monken or other) is because we gave the competition what they really wanted.

With that said, there are more ways to success than just the TO, but recruiting will not be enough - hopefully, we have some great coaching to go along with much improved recruiting.
Completely agree with you. TO isn’t the only way to win, but if you look at the last three successful coaches BR,GOL,CPJ. They all did something differently offensively than what everyone one else was doing in their time. I think that is the key we must do something different than everyone else. Take talent that others are overlooking because it doesn’t fit their system, to craft an attack that works for us.

Completely agree with you. TO isn’t the only way to win, but if you look at the last three successful coaches BR,GOL,CPJ. They all did something differently offensively than what everyone one else was doing in their time. I think that is the key we must do something different than everyone else. Take talent that others are overlooking because it doesn’t fit their system, to craft an attack that works for us.
I would give anything to have Ralph Friedgen, or somebody with an offensive mind like his, as OC, instead of that inept P'Nut

Jacket 83

Georgia Tech Fan
What is Friedgen’s status. Is he involved in football anywhere? Not that the current staff is interested in bringing him in. I was just curious if he available. He is a great offensive mind

This board is an embarrassment to Georgia Tech and the Georgia Tech football program. A moderator gets on here yesterday and admonishes people about comparing Johnson and Collins. Then, the moderators allow a poll like the one at the top. Absolutely ridiculous. This board is slanderous to, and detrimental to, Tech athletics.

Why this board has always held the last coach--who finished with the worst win percentage since Lewis--as some kind of hero is beyond me. And it comes though again--the moderator didn't like the debate comparing the mediocre Johnson to Collins, but comparing Collins--who inherited Johnson's mess-to Lewis is OK.

This isn't a Georgia Tech fan board--it is and always has been a Paul Johnson fan board. Either that, or it's a board with a lot of disguised Dawg fans who enjoyed our FCS level recruiting under Johnson so that we were no threat to their beloved Dawgs. Now they are afraid that we may pull just enough recruits away from uGa to threaten their future championship aspirations.
:poop::poop::poop:

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
This board is an embarrassment to Georgia Tech and the Georgia Tech football program. A moderator gets on here yesterday and admonishes people about comparing Johnson and Collins. Then, the moderators allow a poll like the one at the top. Absolutely ridiculous. This board is slanderous to, and detrimental to, Tech athletics.

Why this board has always held the last coach--who finished with the worst win percentage since Lewis--as some kind of hero is beyond me. And it comes though again--the moderator didn't like the debate comparing the mediocre Johnson to Collins, but comparing Collins--who inherited Johnson's mess-to Lewis is OK.

This isn't a Georgia Tech fan board--it is and always has been a Paul Johnson fan board. Either that, or it's a board with a lot of disguised Dawg fans who enjoyed our FCS level recruiting under Johnson so that we were no threat to their beloved Dawgs. Now they are afraid that we may pull just enough recruits away from uGa to threaten their future championship aspirations.
Overly emotional people are prone to authoritarian solutions. There's some smart people on this board who I enjoy debating, and challenge me with their info. The more we debate, the more traffic the board gets. But some hormones need their corresponding feel good, serotonin neurotransmitters or things aren't 'right'.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Next year we'll have an even more depleted OL except for the true freshmen coming in. Maybe Cooper and Lee can get back.
This doesn't compute. We'll have beck everyone but Southers and all will have another year of experience. The frosh might contribute, but they will need a year or so. If we don't loose anyone to permanent injury, then we should be better on the OL. I think a lot of what we are seeing is a matter of adjustment to new blocking schemes rather then a lack of talent.

But, of course, next year will be The Season of Doom and, even if there is improvement, we probably won't see it in the record.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This doesn't compute. We'll have beck everyone but Southers and all will have another year of experience. The frosh might contribute, but they will need a year or so. If we don't loose anyone to permanent injury, then we should be better on the OL. I think a lot of what we are seeing is a matter of adjustment to new blocking schemes rather then a lack of talent.

But, of course, next year will be The Season of Doom and, even if there is improvement, we probably won't see it in the record.

We'll have to see if Cooper and Lee come back for more. But those are big "ifs". They are both seniors and if they both graduate...but like you said, everybody will be a year older, so there's hope.