Has Georgia Tech Football entered the Bill Lewis Era part II?

Is Geoff Collins the next Bill Lewis

• Yes

Votes: 70 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 226 76.4%

• Total voters

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
What he needs to do in the off season is bring in a proven QB coach and a proven offensive coordinator. Leave everything to them and scrounge up some lineman.
Junior college, transfers, whatever it takes. We need to stop the bleeding before year three. I can’t see a recruit coming here after back to back 1-11 seasons regardless of the pitch.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully now that they have apparently FINALLY decided on a starting QB, we will continue to see improvement on offense

I've been told the staff wanted to start Graham earlier, but he just didn't know the playbook enough for them to feel comfortable taking over the offense. I think others on here have pretty much said the same thing... @Ibeeballin I believe is one who has said something similar.

Remember, Graham missed a lot of time due to academics, then he got hurt at the beginning of the season. He didn't have that many snaps under his belt to prove to the coaches he had command of the offense. Graham and the rest of the team haven't even had an entire year in this offense...imagine missing most of the that time restrained because of off the field issues and injury.

Now that he's gotten more snaps, you can tell the offense is running better with him in, and the coaches are giving him a longer leash.

I've been told the staff wanted to start Graham earlier, but he just didn't know the playbook enough for them to feel comfortable taking over the offense. I think others on here have pretty much said the same thing... @Ibeeballin I believe is one who has said something similar.

Remember, Graham missed a lot of time due to academics, then he got hurt at the beginning of the season. He didn't have that many snaps under his belt to prove to the coaches he had command of the offense. Graham and the rest of the team haven't even had an entire year in this offense...imagine missing most of the that time restrained because of off the field issues and injury.

Now that he's gotten more snaps, you can tell the offense is running better with him in, and the coaches are giving him a longer leash.
I just wish until he had proven himself ready that they had stuck with Tobias. I always expected Graham to win the spot eventually, but until then Tobias should have stayed in without all that rotating of QBs, sometimes even in a given series of plays. That just made no sense at all.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
What he needs to do in the off season is bring in a proven QB coach and a proven offensive coordinator. Leave everything to them and scrounge up some lineman.
Junior college, transfers, whatever it takes. We need to stop the bleeding before year three. I can’t see a recruit coming here after back to back 1-11 seasons regardless of the pitch.

If he could get some experience OL through the transfer portal that would be greaaaaaaaat.

I’ve been hard on the coaches, but we won’t know if the offensive philosophy is actually a total disaster until we have some consistent line play.

Sidewalking

Banned

Then they should have "simplified." smh

Sidewalking

Banned
Collins is quick to point out our “second half improvement” in the last couple of games. All coach speak. When you are that far behind, the opponent tends to let up and substitutes liberally. We do lead the ACC in hype though!

As bad losses pile up it's hard not to feel this way. I'm willing to settle for a "good loss" this week.

martinezjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Collins is quick to point out our “second half improvement” in the last couple of games. All coach speak. When you are that far behind, the opponent tends to let up and substitutes liberally. We do lead the ACC in hype though!

That wasn't the case in the NC or Duke games. Both kept their starters in well into the fourth quarter. The UNC game was starters until the final drive with one minute left. The starting Offense never came out of the game besides the normal rotation.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

He should have started regardless of all that. It would’ve made no difference in the outcomes and he would be much better right now.

This is a seriously thoughtless take. Either that or you're just continuing what you think is low key trolling the new coaches In either case, not surprised at all.
SOMEBODY should have started and stayed in until the end or until he fell flat on his face. All that rotating of QBs, especially in individual series, was just plain STUPID.

GT_EE78

Banned
That wasn't the case in the NC or Duke games. Both kept their starters in well into the fourth quarter. The UNC game was starters until the final drive with one minute left. The starting Offense never came out of the game besides the normal rotation.
Your comment doesn't refute the point, as even starters let their foot off the gas with a 20 or 30 pt lead.