#GTvsCUSE Postgame

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Haven't read the entire thread but has anyone called out the fact that I think we notched 1 sack against a team that had given up 14 sacks in their first 2 games and has the most sacked QB in FBS over the past 2 seasons?

They got the ball out quickly most of the time. Bigger issue IMO was too many openings in the run game in first and second down and big lanes when the play breaks down. Even the big ones over the top were just good play calls against our D. If you call max protect and you get 1:1 with a corner caught cheating, you really don't have to have much of an OL to get the play off.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
This was bull ****. Terribly played game and terribly coached game
Bingo! It was obvious that Sims was not on today, stop the bleeding and put in #2. Stupid penalties ,most were repeated ones , jerk the player out, put on another one! This was an embarrasing football team, yet Stansbury is asking for fans to donate more money!

Scubapro

Banned
Sound like you want perfection which doesn’t exist
nope not at all. How did you get I want perfection out of that post?
To ask our coach to make adjustments and take advantage or our strengths?
I am not trying to argue
I want to see us score more than the competition
So far ~20 points a game wont cut it

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Shoutout to Syracuse DC for executing his gameplan and leaving us sputtering. There defense is what i anticipated ours to look like.
This game was very MTSUish and Dukeish in where i felt we were outschemed and outcoached.

Syracuse was exactly who we thought they were but we were complete **** in all phases.

Syracuse executed much better on offense than I thought they would. I am not all that shocked that we lost a game in which we were an away favorite by only 7 points but I was surprised at how well the Orange played and how poorly we played. Very disappointing. Syracuse deserved to win as they outplayed us in all phases of the game except punting. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Sims still the guy.

2.5 of those picks were due bad OL play

We moved the ball and had about 275 yards rushing but no one can win with four turnovers and 100 yards in penalties. That is too much to overcome. Quarterback is not near as big a "problem" as the offensive line breaking down at inopportune times. Hats off to Syracuse for coming back from two losses to play well. Their line did much better than I thought it would after watching Pitt and UNC nail Devito for 14 sacks.

JoeyGT777

Georgia Tech Fan
Defense was not bad today or the problem outside of the 2 lapses In Coverages ...The offense put them in short fields and bad situations.... Not many teams can overcome 15 penalties and 4 turnovers...Our O-cordinator needs to learn to call better plays suited to our players...Some of the plays are telegraphed and very slow developing that the opposing defense can usually blow up plays before they happen...Gibbs is the real deal...His cuts and speed is amazing...Very much like Reggie Bush or Kamara... He needs to be feed the ball more....

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
you know us silly Tech fans...we ain't happy unless we are complaining. When we got within 3, I was afraid for a minute we might win.

I thought we would at that point. I thought we would stop them and Sims would drive the team down the field to go ahead. But they answered almost immediately. Really disappointing at how this team has regressed. They look worse after three games than they did at game one.

Gtloyal1979

Georgia Tech Fan
I think I’m more disappointed in the pass defense and miss tackles. The kicking game is going to bite us all year. And the blitz protection; they were coming free on every play, prime cause for 2 of the 4 interseptions. One other interseption was a result of a tip ball of the intended receiver no. 15. Sims played ok for a true freshmen. He certainly did not lose this game. The defense lost this game against a team that scored 16 pts in the previous 2 games.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Tampa.....It was me.
04807BAD-5C83-4B9F-A08B-6AB9CF07D557.png

Gtloyal1979

Georgia Tech Fan
Defense was not bad today or the problem outside of the 2 lapses In Coverages ...The offense put them in short fields and bad situations.... Not many teams can overcome 15 penalties and 4 turnovers...Our O-cordinator needs to learn to call better plays suited to our players...Some of the plays are telegraphed and very slow developing that the opposing defense can usually blow up plays before they happen...Gibbs is the real deal...His cuts and speed is amazing...Very much like Reggie Bush or Kamara... He needs to be feed the ball more....
The defense gave up 49 last week and 37 this week. You’re going to many games giving so many pts