#GTCamp2016

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Georgia Tech keeping new special-teams look under wraps
“I don’t want to say too much because I think we want to kind of keep it close to the vest of who we talked to and what we talked about until we play for a couple of weeks,” Owens said Wednesday following the team’s afternoon practice in preparation for the season opener against Boston College Sept. 3. “I don’t want to give anybody a head start on breaking us down.”

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping to hear more about
Emanuel Bridges
Adams
& Woods
as far as freshman defenders.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
I was hoping to hear more about
Emanuel Bridges
Adams
& Woods
as far as freshman defenders.

Those three, whether this year or next year, have a real potential to change the face of our defense. Much more prototypical bodies than we've had and they all look like true play-makers on film. Will be surprised if at least one of those doesn't play this year and vie for a starting a position by the end.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't be surprised if Brandon Adams get significant playing time this year.

He was one of a couple guys in this class I was really excited about after watching his film. We need big bodies up front, and I'm not convinced Kallon will be the answer. Won't be surprised to see Henderson and Adams rotating as starter by the end of the year over Kallon. I mean, the kid is easily the biggest guy on the team at 349 (besides Shamire). The next largest on DL is Henderson at 294. I'm not worried about Gamble at NT, he is a hoss.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
He was one of a couple guys in this class I was really excited about after watching his film. We need big bodies up front, and I'm not convinced Kallon will be the answer. Won't be surprised to see Henderson and Adams rotating as starter by the end of the year over Kallon. I mean, the kid is easily the biggest guy on the team at 349 (besides Shamire). The next largest on DL is Henderson at 294. I'm not worried about Gamble at NT, he is a hoss.

You'd have to think that Adams would be the NT and Gamble would be the 3 technique, no?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I thought I remembered Gamble being NT last year, and Gotsis the DT. In a 4-3, does it matter that much? I defer to people who know more than I....
You remember correctly, but that's because Gotsis was a hell of a playmaker for an interior offensive lineman, and it would have been a waste of his talent to have him eating doubleteams all game long. Adams is BORN for that.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I still would like to see Kallon at DT and Adams at NT, if they are ready to play. That is the caveat.

If they can hold those positions down then I would move Gamble to SDE. Assuming Freeman is ready to regain his role as an impact player, he rounds out the line.

But obviously all of this is based on wishes and speculation and clearly we want the four best guys playing whoever they are.