#GTCamp2016

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Bryan: Georgia Tech O-line won’t allow repeat of last year
Georgia Tech guard Will Bryan said he and the rest of the linemen are tired of hearing people talk about how badly they played last year.

“We’re definitely preparing this summer,” he said. “We aren’t going to let that happen again.”
“Overall, I’m not really sure what the difference was,” Bryan said. “We have it fixed now. We are going to come off the ball fast and ready to go.”

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I still would like to see Kallon at DT and Adams at NT, if they are ready to play. That is the caveat.

If they can hold those positions down then I would move Gamble to SDE. Assuming Freeman is ready to regain his role as an impact player, he rounds out the line.

But obviously all of this is based on wishes and speculation and clearly we want the four best guys playing whoever they are.
They have tried Gamble at DE and if I'm not mistaken cpj said before the 2015 season that he was a more natural DT.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Per Will
Glad to hear this!
Coach has been saying that last year the defenses lined up the same as always but we did not execute.
It sure seemed like after the snap defenses were a step faster than us. It appeared at nd they had plans to hold our ol as well as force pitch option early and let superior athletes take the ab at sideline.

Being quicker than defense and taking advantage of out of position pursuit should make for some very big gains.
Go Jackets!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Having a second OL coach can't hurt. From what I've heard so far the players like him pretty well. Verbal commit Minihan said he was really impressed by him, so that's good news too.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
I still would like to see Kallon at DT and Adams at NT, if they are ready to play. That is the caveat.

If they can hold those positions down then I would move Gamble to SDE. Assuming Freeman is ready to regain his role as an impact player, he rounds out the line.

But obviously all of this is based on wishes and speculation and clearly we want the four best guys playing whoever they are.

It's good to be able to have this conversation. We are far from arrived at the DL, but there are some good prospects vying with some vets and each other for PT. Let's hope that the competition breeds a solid two deep!

In particular I am hoping some kind of pass rush emerges. K-free, Simmons, St. Amour, and J. Woods all have the potential to break out as legit pass rush threats. Let's hope one or more of them do. On the inside Kallon's strong suit seems to be pass rush, and Gamble seems stronger vs the run. Glanton and Cerge-Henderson are quicker style DTs but are still young so it will be interesting to see if they can make some noise. I thought Cerge-Henderson played well enough for a tr-fr last year. I too have heard Adams may play some. At SDE it will be interesting to see if Rook-Chungong can progress and if the JUCO transfer can provide solid minutes.

DL will likely be a work-in-progress this year, although it wouldn't be shocking to see a player or two emerge. Let's hope they do!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Also on OL some of the guys are saying Jake Stickler has improved a bunch. If he's improved enough to be a rotation guy that would really help OL depth. We'll have to see how it pans out when they start scrimmaging.

Fromayan has played some and if he's reworked his body too that will really help. They seem confident enough in Michael Muns to work Andrew Marshall out at tackle as well. Encouraging to see Muns earned a schollie too.

Depth on the OL is a huge question so it's nice to hear some positive things about the tr-fr and guys like Stickler, Fromayan, and Muns. As with all practice reports one can't count anything until it shows up in games and to a lesser extent scrimmages. But positive is better than negative and Johnson is much more upbeat this preseason than last year.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Aahhhh, the CPj who is playing closer to the vest. Love the answer about scrimmages being closed. "Hard to fool you guys." You can tell he gets along with the reporters who are there. IMHO, CPJ with his attitude and personality is a good fit for GT.

His comment about not doing two a days is revealing. He can and does adapt. When he started they did 4 a days????? Back when men were men and sheep were scared.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Those three, whether this year or next year, have a real potential to change the face of our defense. Much more prototypical bodies than we've had and they all look like true play-makers on film. Will be surprised if at least one of those doesn't play this year and vie for a starting a position by the end.

That's why I'd like to hear more about them and
Aahhhh, the CPj who is playing closer to the vest. Love the answer about scrimmages being closed. "Hard to fool you guys." You can tell he gets along with the reporters who are there. IMHO, CPJ with his attitude and personality is a good fit for GT.

His comment about not doing two a days is revealing. He can and does adapt. When he started they did 4 a days????? Back when men were men and sheep were scared.

I'll have to disagree. His personality is snark while I personally believe a program like GT could use much more of an infectious energetic personality i.e. Ted Roof, Dabo, Dan Quinn.