#GTCamp2016

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow that's impressive. I like Marshall a lot because of his top end speed. Does Mills have that much speed?

Mills went to my high school so I heard a lot about him over the past couple of years. He broke plenty of long runs against solid competition down in south GA. I'm curious to see how it translates to the college level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@DrJacket @BigDaddyBuzz

Without yielding any details, how would you rate your take on our D after 1st scrimmage?
0=collapse.
We'll have to score a TD every possession and get an extra possession at end of half or game.​
5=status quo
We look about the same as previous years​
10=yoohoo
We will shutout most teams
For example, 2015 D was 5.5 with respect to 2014 D.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am most concerned about WR. Media types and naysayers like to say that position is basically irrelevent in our offense, but really it is one of the most important for springing the long gains.

If we cant hit the homeruns in the passing game, the numbers upfront are not in our favor.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
What's happened to MLD? We never hear his name anymore. I know they moved him to WR, but we seem to be loaded at WR. He showed to much promise last year to ride the bench this year, unless all those other guys at AB or WR are really that much better than he is.
I hope he does not get discouraged. He has some bad luck in his off field behavior and Tech was a good chance for him to redeem himself. He seemed really committed to doing that so I hate for him to get buried on the depth chart. Too much talent to let go to waste.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Way back in one corner of my mind, I've wondered if all we hear about Clinton was a smokescreen to keep other guys under the radar. Then again, I was out there today. And, Clinton really did stand out. You just look up and CL is advancing the ball. Consistently. Same thing last year. Coach is a pretty straight-shooter, and I am tempted to think he is about CL.
It's certainly exciting that he is doing so well.

I hope he does not get discouraged. He has some bad luck in his off field behavior and Tech was a good chance for him to redeem himself. He seemed really committed to doing that so I hate for him to get buried on the depth chart. Too much talent to let go to waste.
I know one of his HS coaches, and he said MLD put that behind him before he graduated HS. He's definitely got the talent; I sure hope he gets to use it.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Milton posted this earlier...are these the uniforms we are going to wear??
image.jpg

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
@DrJacket @BigDaddyBuzz

Without yielding any details, how would you rate your take on our D after 1st scrimmage?
0=collapse.
We'll have to score a TD every possession and get an extra possession at end of half or game.​
5=status quo
We look about the same as previous years​
10=yoohoo
We will shutout most teams
For example, 2015 D was 5.5 with respect to 2014 D.
You would expect me to say that it's hard to know anything from one scrimmage. I'm not a technician. The coaches will know what they're seeing, especially once they watch film. And, you would expect me to say that both sides were "working on things" and "seeing who can play" so this was not really a game setting in that regard I suppose.

That said, I liked what I saw. Guys were clearly flying around and putting in big effort. Players are noticeably fit and strong looking. Let's say I'm encouraged. I'd hesitate to try to put a number on it.

The thing I sorta like about this season is that we'll know in the first game what we've got. No waiting through the non-conference blowouts.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clinton Lynch discussion reminds me of DeShaun Watson debate last summer. Not saying CL is a Watson level player, but that some wanted to say Watson was just hype because of whatever THEY thought a good QB should look like, Watson didn't fit the bill. But anyone who knew football knew they were witnessing a special player.

To me a really good player just makes plays. That's what CL did. CL isn't a natural running back, he was after all a WR in HS, but an AB doesn't need to be a RB. It's a hybrid position. First priority will always be blocking. After that, you make plays when your number is called. By every metric, CL did that. He may not fit the mold YOU expect from an AB, but as long as he fits what CPJ wants from an AB that's all that matters. For all the "well, wait till so and so who is faster and stronger is back" reasons why CL may be diminished this season, the fact is, CL is still out there making plays. That's what a good AB Does. That's what a good football player does.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Clinton Lynch discussion reminds me of DeShaun Watson debate last summer. Not saying CL is a Watson level player, but that some wanted to say Watson was just hype because of whatever THEY thought a good QB should look like, Watson didn't fit the bill. But anyone who knew football knew they were witnessing a special player.

To me a really good player just makes plays. That's what CL did. CL isn't a natural running back, he was after all a WR in HS, but an AB doesn't need to be a RB. It's a hybrid position. First priority will always be blocking. After that, you make plays when your number is called. By every metric, CL did that. He may not fit the mold YOU expect from an AB, but as long as he fits what CPJ wants from an AB that's all that matters. For all the "well, wait till so and so who is faster and stronger is back" reasons why CL may be diminished this season, the fact is, CL is still out there making plays. That's what a good AB Does. That's what a good football player does.
He's also still a young guy who's perfecting his craft and building his body. Sheesh, good thing we didn't write off just about every back who excelled in 2014 the prior two or three years when they didn't produce squat. And here we have a guy who produced plenty of squat.

As far as I'm concerned, he's king of the hill til somebody knocks him off and it's a moving target...... upward.