#GTCamp20 Coverage

LibertyTurns

Banned
But we're talking about a true freshman vs a RS Sophomore. There are nuances of the college game that AB still hasn't adjusted to. And if you wanna see some hip fluidity just watch his TD catch vs Miami
Totally agree. Now we’re going to find out how talented the coaches are. Do we have mutt coaches who can recruit but cannot develop the high talent they recruit and win a bunch of games because their raw athleticism is superior, Tennessee coaches that seemingly destroy their talent or championship level coaches that make the talent shine? We’re getting highly ranked recruits and we have a stable of GT “diamonds in the rough” like Mason, it’s time to start showing what we’ve got.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree. Now we’re going to find out how talented the coaches are. Do we have mutt coaches who can recruit but cannot develop the high talent they recruit and win a bunch of games because their raw athleticism is superior, Tennessee coaches that seemingly destroy their talent or championship level coaches that make the talent shine? We’re getting highly ranked recruits and we have a stable of GT “diamonds in the rough” like Mason, it’s time to start showing what we’ve got.

Our coaches seem like genuine men of integrity. I give it a high probability of leading to success. I think a lot of issues at other programs are due to the culture.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Our coaches seem like genuine men of integrity. I give it a high probability of leading to success. I think a lot of issues at other programs are due to the culture.
Most problems are due to poor leadership. I like our chances as well. I see only one question mark and obviously it’s big one but time will tell. Good to see the fan base mostly aligned behind the coach. It has been a couple of decades since that has been the case.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Most problems are due to poor leadership. I like our chances as well. I see only one question mark and obviously it’s big one but time will tell. Good to see the fan base mostly aligned behind the coach. It has been a couple of decades since that has been the case.
It is nice to see. Some have come around and a small few are stuck in the mud.
Winning will change all of that though

LibertyTurns

Banned
It is nice to see. Some have come around and a small few are stuck in the mud.
Winning will change all of that though
Honestly I’m numbed to the hypey stuff now and it doesn’t bother me as much as at the start of CGC’s tenure. I’m more nuts and bolts and the flash does not resonate with me (actually worse than that personally) but I try not to let that distract me as much from what’s actually happening good and not so good. I’m aware others love the flash immensely and it’s more important to them than the on field success or individual unit competency. I just want to see us succeed, not act like a bunch of imbeciles doing it like the mutts, and play good fundamental football. If many of our players don’t have that elite capability ok, but we should have better than average technique and play above our heads on a regular basis. That’s just who we should be.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m aware others love the flash immensely and it’s more important to them than the on field success or individual unit competency.

Liberty I agreed with the bulk of your post but think that this is a stretch. In 5 years, none of this personal and personality stuff that we like to kick around on the internet matters. Then all is based on the bottom line. History tells me that some of the most vocal supporters now will be the harshest and loudest critics if things are below expectations in 2025. I am optimistic at the moment as I do like his approach and am willing to extend a bit of grace which I believe he (or any new coach not taking over at a place like Bama or OSU) deserves.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Liberty I agreed with the bulk of your post but think that this is a stretch. In 5 years, none of this personal and personality stuff that we like to kick around on the internet matters. Then all is based on the bottom line. History tells me that some of the most vocal supporters now will be the harshest and loudest critics if things are below expectations in 2025. I am optimistic at the moment as I do like his approach and am willing to extend a bit of grace which I believe he (or any new coach not taking over at a place like Bama or OSU) deserves.
Well since you brought up uga, you got to say the first half was interesting last year. If we had any identity of an offense last year, it would’ve been exciting. That gives me hope.

we will give uga what they have coming to them when they least expect it. We always do. Just hope we can do it consistently

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I’m numbed to the hypey stuff now and it doesn’t bother me as much as at the start of CGC’s tenure. I’m more nuts and bolts and the flash does not resonate with me (actually worse than that personally) but I try not to let that distract me as much from what’s actually happening good and not so good. I’m aware others love the flash immensely and it’s more important to them than the on field success or individual unit competency. I just want to see us succeed, not act like a bunch of imbeciles doing it like the mutts, and play good fundamental football. If many of our players don’t have that elite capability ok, but we should have better than average technique and play above our heads on a regular basis. That’s just who we should be.

I understand what you are saying. Just remember the audience for Coach Collins is 13-18 year old males. His audience is not college graduates with families and jobs. Or retirees who’ve been rooting for GT before he was born. The days of out scheming someone are basically over. The talent is concentrated in about 20 teams with the top talent concentrated in about 8 teams. Collins understands the only way to be a top tier team is to get top tier players. It won’t happen overnight but he is on the way. And these kids who are 15-16 years old now and will be the difference makers come 2025/2026 love this stuff. I loved Coach Johnson because he was able to get us to punch above our weight. But, the landscape changed during his tenure and he was getting left behind. Collins is making all the right moves right now to change the hearts and minds of high school players and coaches which will lead to more 4 stars down the road and some 5’s. That’s his goal and he’s a ladder climber so I have no reason to believe he won’t succeed.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tight ends update. Didn't know it till now, but Dylan Leonard was put on scholarship over the winter. Dude is gonna be a baller...if you watched him play at Milton, you could tell he had P5 level skillset, just a bit on the skinny side for his frame.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
With Leonard getting a scholarship as well, I have completely lost track of how we are on scholarship numbers. 😂