#GTCamp20 Coverage

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
He said stte “does anyone want to hear about the starting nose guard or starting right tackle?”

asking about qb’s is pretty standard so not sure whyhe tookoffense to it.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I watched the interview yesterday but must’ve glazed over that response. What exactly was dickish about it?
He basically fired off saying if anyone wants to ask about other positions he would love to talk about that too.. it was kinda snippity but nothing too bad. The first crack I have seen though in the rah rah love the media approach he has had.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
He basically fired off saying if anyone wants to ask about other positions he would love to talk about that too.. it was kinda snippity but nothing too bad. The first crack I have seen though in the rah rah love the media approach he has had.
Doesn’t sound too bad lol we should be numb to snippy media comments from watching CPJs previous media conferences lol

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, that was weird. Kind of a d**k response. If someone wanted to know the situation in any of the rooms he mentioned, they would’ve asked. If I was a reporter, and he treated me like that, I would’ve simply asked how he plans to stop FCS offenses now that he’s in his second year of tHe GrEaTeSt tRaNsItIoN iN CFB hIsToRy.

I didn't find that to be a particularly snotty response. That is simply almost always the very first question asked every presser with the journalists expecting him to name a starting quarterback before pads are even on. He simply gave a little grin and jokingly indicated that it would be refreshing to have early questions on other position groups.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure my man, Coach takes single digits seriously, and obviously the same for schollys for a walkon.. That Brooks snagged the last single digit up for grabs, and the first ever to wear number "0" and a scholarship and a mention at starting (a verboten topic with this staff) I think he is going to ball out.. ya know, if we have a season etc. etc. haha
I hope you are right.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I didn't find that to be a particularly snotty response. That is simply almost always the very first question asked every presser with the journalists expecting him to name a starting quarterback before pads are even on. He simply gave a little grin and jokingly indicated that it would be refreshing to have early questions on other position groups.

It's just folks searching high and low for reasons to diss CGC. You're right. It wasn't snotty or snippy at all.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

After listening to the whole press conference, I can't help but be impressed with Coach Collins' emphasis on continuing to develop the culture and accountability of players and coaches. I want him to succeed but this team has a long way to go. It would be nice to play the full ten game schedule but I am wondering about that too. Not playing UGA, UNC, and Virginia Tech this year helps.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Personally, if someone doesn't put a hat on some of those defensive linemen and linebackers it won't matter who the quarterback is. When we were in passing situations of 2nd and 7 or more, our quarterbacks were sacked about 15% of the time which was the highest rate in the ACC and almost dead last in the country. When we took over the ball inside our 20 yard line we averaged .10 points per drive which was the absolute worst in the country. Our red zone scoring rate was 60.71% last year which was the worst in the country. In the Virginia Tech game we had five consecutive three and outs, the wonder is that Harvin's leg hasn't fallen off. No place to go but up on offense. Thus, I want to know more about offensive linemen than I do quarterbacks at this point.

Milwaukee

Banned
Yeah, that was weird. Kind of a d**k response. If someone wanted to know the situation in any of the rooms he mentioned, they would’ve asked. If I was a reporter, and he treated me like that, I would’ve simply asked how he plans to stop FCS offenses now that he’s in his second year of tHe GrEaTeSt tRaNsItIoN iN CFB hIsToRy.

You seem upset.