#GTCamp15

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I think it is all about CPJ. He wants to win coach of the year again and with our higher expectations he realizes he needs a Nat Championship to seal the deal :)

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I suppose I will voice the contrarian possibility. I think that over the years CPJ has proved himself to be primarily candid and honest in his assessments of the team. This certainly also often coincides with being a form of motivation when he gives less than enthusiastic assessments of a player or unit. I also do not think he would express annoyance that the media has supposedly crowned the Jackets as world beaters or national champs like he did, if it was not actually indicative that he thinks the team is exhibiting signs of complacency and entitlement. If he is disappointed in the team's effort and execution so far then I accept his evaluation. The team needs to make some serious progress to be ready to compete and to win games.
Agree! We have lost too much for me to be too giddy.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Freshmen info has been silent on T Marshall, Howell, B Morgan, Glanton, S Morgan, Henderson, Sellers, Curry, Alexander, Mitchell, Cooksie, Wigley, Dotson, and Walker. Heard very little on Gray (CPJ says he's doing OK), ST Amour (CPJ says a freshman DE may play), Philpott (wearing a red shirt for about a week), and Jarrett (RS according to CPJ)). We have heard more on Bryan, Campbell, Weimerskirch, L-Davis, M Marshall, and Stewart which all seems to be positive. Any other info I missed other than Cottrell's injury?
A couple nuggets:

Ramblinwreck.com: Moving Faster
Others are to be determined, Gamble saying that freshmen Anree Saint-Amour and Brentavious Glanton and sophomore Tyler Merriweatherhave caught his eye.

Senior cornerback D.J. White can see a difference from the back.

Freshman corner Meiko Dotson has impressed him, and he senses the front four being able to apply more pressure, perhaps without the increase in blitzes that Roof so often called later last season.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Other than some big field goals, and some pretty decent punting, I didn't think ST did a whole lot to help us with regards to coverage and returns. I didn't think they hurt us much either with huge breakdowns. Hopefully they progress to contribute more positively. I think Butker will have a very good year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Other than some big field goals, and some pretty decent punting, I didn't think ST did a whole lot to help us with regards to coverage and returns. I didn't think they hurt us much either with huge breakdowns. Hopefully they progress to contribute more positively. I think Butker will have a very good year.
Biggest positive I remember is Touch Backs on KOs.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Biggest positive I remember is Touch Backs on KOs.
You hit on the thus far unremarked difference in Butker from '13-'14. It is odd because we finally got what we had been begging for -- kicks into and through the end zone to stop those runbacks -- and it was kind of taken for granted. Regardless, Butker added a lot of length to his kickoffs. And one field goal in particular.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think Ken is laying down on the job, he hasn't posted many stories in the last few days. I think media will have access after the scrimmage tomorrow.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Want to have these guys over to your place for a cookout? In this case, it took 157lbs of meat. And, that was getting by light with only a 14oz steak apiece.
="

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Want to have these guys over to your place for a cookout? In this case, it took 157lbs of meat. And, that was getting by light with only a 14oz steak apiece.
="

157 lbs. of ribeye (or equiv.) steak??? At today's prices, I'd have to take out a second mortgage to host the team in my backyard. I could see having them over for grits, greens and peanut butter sandwiches if I could get 4-5 of you to co-host the party with me.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
157 lbs. of ribeye (or equiv.) steak??? At today's prices, I'd have to take out a second mortgage to host the team in my backyard. I could see having them over for grits, greens and peanut butter sandwiches if I could get 4-5 of you to co-host the party with me.
They were ribeyes. I think the guys enjoyed. I would get a kick out of seeing how fast those things disappeared.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I think it is all about CPJ. He wants to win coach of the year again and with our higher expectations he realizes he needs a Nat Championship to seal the deal :)
I am sure this is TIC because I don't see CPJ with that kind of ego. He is intense, driven, and confident. He is making enough money he doesn't have to worry about what voters think. He is a hard working dedicated coach that we need to be thankful we have. Except for being in the top 20 every year what more could we ask for a D1 program. I am amazed at the caliber of young men we are attracting. And from the comments by the announcers at the OB, it is being recognized. We can be proud of this program. BTW CTR is a great compliment to this program. Together We SWARM!

My only question is when we win that NC will he stay or move on. He is a family man and loves golf.

Go Jackets!! THWG!!!!