#GTCamp15

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't want our O to be NOT GREAT the first part of this year like last. I want our O to be close to how it was end of last year. And that is CPJ standard. Clearly we have so many new skill spots it can't be end of last year...but it CAN be close. That is the target.

If our O is like the beginning of last year this year...we will be 2-1 after game 3. We need it to be better. And as fans, we shouldn't be content with it either..Paul sure isn't. Nor is JT or many of the guys.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I don't want our O to be NOT GREAT the first part of this year like last. I want our O to be close to how it was end of last year. And that is CPJ standard. Clearly we have so many new skill spots it can't be end of last year...but it CAN be close. That is the target.

If our O is like the beginning of last year this year...we will be 2-1 after game 3. We need it to be better. And as fans, we shouldn't be content with it either..Paul sure isn't. Nor is JT or many of the guys.
And improved defense can make up the slack.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
That is what I have been screaming for the last week. We're going to need that D line to start creating havoc! The way we play on O can keep our D off the field to give them much needed rest.

been more than a year for some of us yelling that :) Clearly the D is the issue the last xyz years.

need to show me before I rely on that, but yes an improved D can totally help that equation

however...no way in hell if I am CPJ am I resting on that.
I feel the same way about our D. I'm not going to give them guys any credit until they show me. We need them to step up this year big time. Tough schedule for sure !

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Did I miss something, did they not practice on Thursday. I didn't find any audio post practice from CPJ

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the media had access yesterday. I honestly really like how pessimistic Paul has been. I think last year raised the bar higher and Paul is now holding the team to that new standard. I think Paul knows he has the team to do really great things, but he is challenging them to give their best and he feels like he has not seen their best yet.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Talked with my brother yesterday and he and I came to the conclusion that the reason Paul is pissed is because the Defense is dominating the Offense in practice. Paul's offense is like his prize possession. When it does not work to his ideal of perfection he is not a happy camper. I think what is happening is that Ted Roof's boys are neutralizing our experienced offensive line and gumming up most everything JT and his skill boys are trying to execute.

Personally I like this. I think it says our defense is hellatious and going up against them everyday in practice is just going to make our offense that much better in time. Paul does also have a cold so I think that is adding to his foul mood. Time will tell but I really think our D is going to be outstanding.

Go Jackets!

Declinometer

Banned
Talked with my brother yesterday and he and I came to the conclusion that the reason Paul is pissed is because the Defense is dominating the Offense in practice. Paul's offense is like his prize possession. When it does not work to his ideal of perfection he is not a happy camper. I think what is happening is that Ted Roof's boys are neutralizing our experienced offensive line and gumming up most everything JT and his skill boys are trying to execute.

Personally I like this. I think it says our defense is hellatious and going up against them everyday in practice is just going to make our offense that much better in time. Paul does also have a cold so I think that is adding to his foul mood. Time will tell but I really think our D is going to be outstanding.

Go Jackets!
Makes sense. Thanks

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I suppose I will voice the contrarian possibility. I think that over the years CPJ has proved himself to be primarily candid and honest in his assessments of the team. This certainly also often coincides with being a form of motivation when he gives less than enthusiastic assessments of a player or unit. I also do not think he would express annoyance that the media has supposedly crowned the Jackets as world beaters or national champs like he did, if it was not actually indicative that he thinks the team is exhibiting signs of complacency and entitlement. If he is disappointed in the team's effort and execution so far then I accept his evaluation. The team needs to make some serious progress to be ready to compete and to win games.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!

This is what I hope is a significant factor as well, although I believe much of CPJ's criticism is based on how performance compares with potential. He realizes that the potential is high for the individual players and this team and he will be critical until he sees that realized.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Look at the end of the Jabari dancing video...Francis Kallon is freaking huge, and looks like he doesn't have much fat on that body. I feel like I can see a 6 pack under that shirt!
Ha, 2 people beat me to it!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Look at the end of the Jabari dancing video...Francis Kallon is freaking huge, and looks like he doesn't have much fat on that body. I feel like I can see a 6 pack under that shirt!
Ha, 2 people beat me to it!

Damn it he needs to play like his hair is on fire so we can slide gamble out more

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ is being extra hard on they guys this year. Last year he had a lot of material to use to get them pissed off. This year not so much, this is the year fellas. A lot of people wanna look ahead to 2016 for a playoff. If we're gonna do something special we need to do it this year when we have depth and experience on the OL, DL, Secondary, and QB. I realize we're inexperienced in the backfield and WR positions but those positions have really been the most plug and play positions for us over the years. We now have a strong defense on paper and returnin OL. We have got to have those expectations going in.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I think CPJ is being extra hard on they guys this year. Last year he had a lot of material to use to get them pissed off. This year not so much, this is the year fellas. A lot of people wanna look ahead to 2016 for a playoff. If we're gonna do something special we need to do it this year when we have depth and experience on the OL, DL, Secondary, and QB. I realize we're inexperienced in the backfield and WR positions but those positions have really been the most plug and play positions for us over the years. We now have a strong defense on paper and returnin OL. We have got to have those expectations going in.
Mind=Rite.