GT win out?

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
I worry Johnson is his own worst enemy...he has such a huge ego..... we have had subtle changes but nothing to cause the DC making a million a year to go well that's new we have to adjust....I fear more of the same.......call it what you want Clemson out coached us!!!!! and this is starting to become a habit....watch the game this weekend we will have to go to tripps to remove one from the box or unbalanced....which will limit what we can do.....and the defense has dictated to us what we can run.....

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I think Tech' coaches and fan base thought our offensive line was more physical than it is. They thought we could win by playing "smash mouth" football and that wasn't the case. Look for a lot more misdirection plays going forward.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think Tech' coaches and fan base thought our offensive line was more physical than it is. They thought we could win by playing "smash mouth" football and that wasn't the case.

FIFY. I am pretty sure the coaches weren't trying to get the OL to outmuscle the DL. We just did a pretty poor job of laying down the cut blocks.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
As was said, last year the youth complaint was about skill positions. More to the point, the shocker was that the OL had a lot of experience but played poorly as a unit over all.
The '15 squad was a mix of vet and noob. Remember, we had a true frosh and a rs frosh at both tackles. But, I think the '15 OL really suffered from a leadership void. The biggest blow was losing Shaq. The next was Freddie dealing with his dad's illness and his own injury. Braun played well at times but had some key gaffs as well. Don't know what to tell you about Joe.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we go 4-4 the rest of the way, we'll be 7-5.

4 Road games left:
Pitt, UNC, VT, UGA. It's likely we will be the underdog in all of these games. Interesting UGA may be the only debatable one right now...given timing of games on the schedule. I'm hopeful (as always) we CAN win all of these games. Seems losing them all is silly-talk. 1-3 or 2-2 is probably most likely.

4 Home games left:
Mia, GSU, Duke, UVA. Same deal we CAN win all of these. Won't even consider 0-4 here. 3-1 or 2-2 is probably most likely.

Seems finishing with 9+ wins would be in the very low odds category & possibly surprising (to me) ACCCG appearance.
8-4 would be solid and probably means we got a break or 2 along the way. Thank you, Coach Dodd (and your buddy, Jesus.. up there)
7-5 is right about what I expect. Wish I was more optimistic. Won't feel great to just be .500 rest of way...especially since none of those 8 opponents looks like a world-beater.
6 or few wins = missed opportunities and disappointment

Now that I wrote all that... I ask myself, "Why do you put yourself through the pain of these thoughts???!"

JUST BEAT MIAMI. BE 1-0 this week. :banghead::inpain:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The '15 squad was a mix of vet and noob. Remember, we had a true frosh and a rs frosh at both tackles. But, I think the '15 OL really suffered from a leadership void. The biggest blow was losing Shaq. The next was Freddie dealing with his dad's illness and his own injury. Braun played well at times but had some key gaffs as well. Don't know what to tell you about Joe.

That's true by the end of the year. We started the year with Chamberlain, Braun, Burden, Devine, Joe.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is favored by 1 over Marshall
UNC is almost a 2TD dog to FSU

I am not sure we are going to be a dog against those 2. At this moment I think that is a "grass is greener" look at the world. Those are 2 flawed teams - just as we have some flaws.
I agree though that would be great to just beat Miami - and then worry about it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Can someone explain why we don't drive block more? I undersnatd why we cut block, but teams are getting better at making us just straight up miss at times, I see time after time after time guys looking like they are belly flopping and the defender go right around them or leap over them. If we were to start drive blocking more would it not make our cut blocks more affective? If we drive block the defenders are wanting to come off the ball hard and low, but when we cut block it's more of a wait and then go for the defender so they can get around the cut. So if they thought we were cut blocking we could get them off the ball better and if they thought we were drive blocking we could cut them easier I would think. So why not mix it up? Does anyone know?