GT win out?

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
why not? im not bummed after the clemson game. we needed a drubbing to set our heads right for the rest of the season.

we just played possibly the toughest opponent in our entire conference and got humbled. thats not necessarily a bad thing.

im going to wait and see how we rebound against miami before i start trending us to a minor bowl.

we are 1/3 through the season and at 3-1 as expected.

we could easily go on an 8 game streak. none of the remaining teams are a clemson. this team needs confidence imo. a win against miami could be a huge boost.

one game at a time.

go jackets yay!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Personally I think Miami is the hardest team left on our schedule. Very good QB and athletes at every position. Next VT but I don't see them as in the same class as Clemson or Miami. UGA looks awful.
My sentiments exactly. I could see us losing to Miami and VT but then winning all the rest of the games heading into the Georgia game. Right now the Georgia game looks like a toss up to me. So, 8-4 or 9-3, depending on whether Smart gets his act together at uga.

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Keep this in mind, guys. The option is VERY complicated, and we usually see the greatest success when we have a high volume of experience on offense. Look up and down the roster and tell me how many guys are in their 3rd year of getting major reps or starting? After Justin Thomas and Freddie Burden... who? Devine and Andrew Marshall are it, guys. Jeune is really only in year 2, JJ Green year 1, Willis year 2... just about everyone else is a freshman or sophomore. This is a VERY young team overall on offense and we will see lumps and struggles while they learn on the job. We can hope they will progress quickly, but it just takes time.

In 2018, we're going to have a VERY deep, VERY experienced team because at least 15 of the current guys on our 2-deep will still be with the team. That's not counting talented guys that are not yet in the 2-deep and future signees, that's just the current 2-deep.

Talent still here in 2018
QB: Matthew Jordan and TaQuon Marshall
AB: Searcy and Lynch
BB: Mills and Marshall
WR: Stewart, Howell, MLD
OL: Will Bryan, Brad Morgan, Kenny Cooper, Parker Braun, Trey Klock, Jake Stickler, Jahaizel Lee

That's 16 guys that are in the 2-deep (Marshall the only exception) that will get another 20+ games of experience this year and next going into 2018.

Point being, be realistic and be patient... it takes a long time to understand the deeper points of this offense.
I agree GT could have a big couple of seasons in 2017-2018. I think GT goes to the ACC Championship at least one of those seasons.

Jmonty71

Banned
Here are the games left in my order of likelihood of GT win after yesterday:
UVa
Duke
Ga Southern
Miami
@UGAg
@Pitt
@VT
@UNC

Point being we have to beat Miami to have a realistic chance of winning Coastal. The big wild card is injuries for all teams and how much better we get. Right now I don't think we are as good as Pitt, VT or UNC.
Pretty much agree. I think UGA has some mega issues. VT looks stronger than last year. Pitt is pretty dangerous. UNC can't stop the run, but we can't stop the pass.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Wouldn't we all love to see GT play in the Belk Bowl, conveniently just up the road in Charlotte? Thing is, with North Carolina passing that asinine anti-LGBTQ law, NCAA sporting events are leaving NC like rats off a sinking ship and we may never get that chance. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wouldn't we all love to see GT play in the Belk Bowl, conveniently just up the road in Charlotte? Thing is, with North Carolina passing that asinine anti-LGBTQ law, NCAA sporting events are leaving NC like rats off a sinking ship and we may never get that chance. [emoji849]

It wouldn't shock me if the game was moved to Columbia South Carolina

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Well yeah the Jacksonville Gator Bowl is always gonna be our first choice -- that manageable 5-hour drive to a sunshine state destination over New Years can't be beat.
Only letdown is the matchup. Charlotte Belk Bowl is a tad closer and pits ACC vs SEC

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well yeah the Jacksonville Gator Bowl is always gonna be our first choice -- that manageable 5-hour drive to a sunshine state destination over New Years can't be beat.
Only letdown is the matchup. Charlotte Belk Bowl is a tad closer and pits ACC vs SEC

Both the Belk Bowl and Taxslayer Gator Bowl are SEC teams. If GT went to the Belk Bowl they would probably play Arkansas or LSU and if they went to the Taxslayer Gator Bowl they would most likely play Florida or Ole Miss.