GT vs. Syracuse - Saturday, 6pm ET ESPN2

GT_EE78

Banned
but for strep throat we could be 3-0 in the acc with 2 fr 2 so an a jr starting.

good win jackets. it wasnt pretty but we won an away game with a lame coach if you believe some of the posters on this board.
nah man, he never had no strep throat, i think they just put him in a closet and beat him for four days until he promised to come out and play basketball. and it worked, 7 assts and 15 pts is his best of the year. as soon as Devo gets some of that strep throat ,then we gots 5 double digit scorers and a huge rising potential. That was a well coached and played defensive effort. We gonna beat them tigers.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

somebody needs to remind jeff that gt gave no 3 tenn or cee all they could handle and i think that was BEFORE banks.

it was mentioned that devoe missed a month because of a broken toe???? lets give him a little more time. i liked what he did without the ball. most of the time. looks to me like he is still finding his court legs.

2 fr 2 so and a jr. and we are adding a quality player with a high motor for next year. given tonites game i see no reason why we cant approach 500 ball in the acc this year.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Devoe does have a flat shot, and he may need to make some changes, but the misses at the free throw line are all mental right now. Watch his body language after the misses. He was over 80% up until that VT game. The last 2 games he has been off. He'll get it sorted.
He should; at the line as soon as he gets the ball from the ref go jump shot! That way he is not thinking at the line and pressing himself! Just get the ball and shoot his jump shot! No pressure if done that way!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We’ve been shooting really well lately. Kind of weird as it never feels that way to me during the game.

That’s because a lot of our points come from inside the paint. AD goin to work in close or on dump-off’s to Banks.

The shots that we usually miss are from the perimeter or the occasional bunny.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Loooove the rotation used in this game. I’ll ride and die with Devoe and Haywood. I think this was one of Pastners best coached games at GT. AD did things I didn’t think he was capable of before the cramp.

I’m a believer in short rotation, they’re young they can handle it (learned that from Big Ben) let them get in a rhythm. Devoe will get his stroke together, sometimes shooters hit the lull, he’s too good not to figure it out

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
AD played awesome today against the zone. Against man, like with Moses, we can't really play a 4 out system with him. So we will have to adjust if he stays in the lineup (not that I mind). Cole played well and with at least the threat of a shot from him we can go the 4 out CJP wants to play.

I am fine with short rotations as well, but having 4 guys over 35 minutes is not really sustainable. Playing against the zone for most of the game helped with that. I don't think it is sustainable against teams that play man - especially pressure man. I think there is a bigger role for Moore coming and we will need some minutes from Alston as well.

Our great offense was that Haywood made shots. Ball movement and scheme were good but the difference was Haywood making shots we didn't make against VT. If this is a turning point for him and If Devoe makes a step forward we could be a decent offensive team.

It was funny that in the first half Dakish said first team to 60 wins - we ended up with 73 but SYR never got to 60. He was pretty good.

slugboy

Staff member
It was funny that in the first half Dakish said first team to 60 wins - we ended up with 73 but SYR never got to 60. He was pretty good.

I thought he said “first to 50”. Buckets were hard to get in the beginning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Great win. I hope for enough wins to allow CJP to get some traction recruiting. NIT will be a real reach given the OOC. The get old, stay old plan will only happen with some more wins.

****ing idiot! And he’s not even Mexican.....
He’s Puerto Rican!

Agree. And don't even try to explain to nationalists that Puerto Ricans are Americans.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What an enjoyable watch. Played hard, played smart. Totally out-efforted Bayhime's squad. And *gasp* out-coached him too. Don't tell anybody I said that or they'll revoke my Negative-Nellie card. :whistle:

Good to see ColeBlooded play a role late although his decision-making is heroically iffy at times.