GT vs. Syracuse - Saturday, 6pm ET ESPN2

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
From the cuse board
"Pastner is a clown. I'd like to punch him in the GD face."
Hahahahahahaha suck it you oranges!!!!!

from another thread.... "i kinda like watching clowns." heh

i dont recall ever seeing cjp so animated as i saw him tonight? maybe he needs to do more of this?

i like cole over moses wright. higher bb iq

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Banks dunks much better than he shoots layups. The way this team is developing, if Devoe starts hitting, we can be really dangerous. AD played well, scored some key points. Great win for our team, and our coach.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
That’s the most excited I’ve been watching a regular season game in a few years! Hopefully we come out the same way Wednesday at Clemson. 3-1 in ACC play with Louisville and ND after is huge!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
From the cuse board
"Pastner is a clown. I'd like to punch him in the GD face."
Hahahahahahaha suck it you oranges!!!!!
Their board is hilarious. If you just came out of a coma, you'd think you were in 2003 reading the board of an elite college basketball dynasty. Sorry dudes, there are at least 9 or 10 games I would call "our Super Bowl" before a 2018-19 game @Syracuse.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
He seriously needs to work on that. He was 3 for 8 from free throw line today. [emoji2955]

Devoe does have a flat shot, and he may need to make some changes, but the misses at the free throw line are all mental right now. Watch his body language after the misses. He was over 80% up until that VT game. The last 2 games he has been off. He'll get it sorted.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Quality post from @RamblinRed in the ACC discussion:
https://gtswarm.com/threads/acc-discussion.4901/page-171#post-531432

Bottom line, you play well (GT) or lay an egg (Syracuse), and anything is possible outside of games vs. Duke or Virginia.

Re: the two teams tonight, we're looking at two NIT teams at best right now. We still have a ways to go to get there. Syracuse is the better team based on year-to-date, but not tonight. Both dug themselves a hole in the non-conference.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Haywood was clutch from outside. Alvarado was dynamic and his dribbling and shooting was great, even from 3. Devoe is progressing well. AD, well I wish he had another year, as he dominated early. Cole made critical plays. Banks was great on defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If Haywood had been healthy for VT,we would be 3-0 right now.

I lost confidence when we did not handle their press, and Devoe missed his FTs, but this team proved me wrong. Way to go guys!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Their board is hilarious. If you just came out of a coma, you'd think you were in 2003 reading the board of an elite college basketball dynasty. Sorry dudes, there are at least 9 or 10 games I would call "our Super Bowl" before a 2018-19 game @Syracuse.
Threads like 5 bubble seasons without competing for a conference title and Time to be honest this program is a shell of what it once was suggest a recognition of where they are. Most seem to understand pecking order right now and they're not happy about it. Doesn't prevent the immature few from saying asinine things like the quote you pulled from there.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
That's what people were saying about VT, the 2nd best 3 point shooting team in the country. Funny how it seems to keep happening to teams when they play us. Knock on wood, I hope this trend continues.
I think it can be a little bit of both, but I tend to side with your point.

VT and Syracuse missed uncontested shots. Far more surprising of VT. But I think we make teams uncomfortable enough that those open shots bring an extra twinge of pressure. Same goes with terrible decisions and passes.

That's what makes UVA so beautiful, imo. They rarely even allow the open looks. It's just straight pressure for 40 minutes.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I think it can be a little bit of both, but I tend to side with your point.

VT and Syracuse missed uncontested shots. Far more surprising of VT. But I think we make teams uncomfortable enough that those open shots bring an extra twinge of pressure. Same goes with terrible decisions and passes.

That's what makes UVA so beautiful, imo. They rarely even allow the open looks. It's just straight pressure for 40 minutes.

they had a case of the 'gotchas' even when they had open looks.