GT vs. Syracuse - Saturday, 6pm ET ESPN2

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Putting a smaller guy there can work pretty well (I do it with my AAU teams). The issue isn't crafty with the ball but rather the guy has to be a physical player to be able to handle the slapping from the guards digging down and have a least a chance in hadies to be able to drive to the hoop through the trees. Tadric had that skillset/physicality. I don't see it in any of our wing types this year. I expect to see Moses or Cole in that role working with Banks in a triangle or simply go 4 out with Banks alone inside.

Good points about the physicality required to operate on the interior of the zone. I’m afraid we don’t have a wing player that can do it like Tadriq did. Alston... meh. Moses, this is exactly what he should be able to do, but it would probably give us all a heart attack watching him try. I would love to see Cole get a chance. Likely we will stick to Banks operating alone inside, but this could be rough game for him because he seems to have a problem holding onto the ball when the defense helps on him. I hope he is up for the challenge and comes ready to play.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Probably going to have to knock down some mid-ranges early in this game to get an edge. Don't know if the guys are capable of doing that with consistency but here's hoping they ate their Wheaties this morning. Would be nice if Banks' post game is on today. He's either really good or really bad. Not a betting man but GT +9.5 seems friendly given that this is likely to be a low scoring one.

GT_EE78

Banned
Probably going to have to knock down some mid-ranges early in this game to get an edge. Don't know if the guys are capable of doing that with consistency but here's hoping they ate their Wheaties this morning. Would be nice if Banks' post game is on today. He's either really good or really bad. Not a betting man but GT +9.5 seems friendly given that this is likely to be a low scoring one.
+9.5 sounds good as they only beat clemson by 8. Banks and devoe need to bring the A game. syr starters all played 30+ against the tigers so maybe they're not very deep. I'm gonna be nervous if i see AD or Moses with the ball on the perimeter and the clock winding down .........

slugboy

Staff member
Haywood was clutch from outside. Alvarado was dynamic and his dribbling and shooting was great, even from 3. Devoe is progressing well. AD, well I wish he had another year, as he dominated early. Cole made critical plays. Banks was great on defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Great game and this team is starting to gel at the right time. Cuse made 18 shots and we had 15 steals. Great defense, greats hooting, 50% from 3 near 60% from the field. Only bad things were too many Orebs allowed, and too many turnovers.