GT vs Central Florida Cancelled

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Indiana's game against FIU on October 7 got cancelled and IU is looking for another opponent that day. The Jackets happen to have an open date that day. Just a thought....
(http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/9/1...ng-to-schedule-home-game-for-october-7th.aspx
I would love to play IU; it's kind of my second team since my mom went there. They're decent. I think we'd win fairly easily, but they've got some good players. Their QB had a pretty good game last week and went 16/20 for 173 yards (2 TD) against UVA.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
Today, the Charleston, SC area experienced massive flooding due to Irma. It was the second worst flood in the history of the city, only a direct hit from Hugo produced higher water levels. I'm sure Orlando suffered similar devastation which put UCF in a less than optimal situation. However, after reading this article I don't think they made much of an effort to play the game. Even the Citadel, an FCS school, managed to play last weekend and next weekend with a little planning!

http://www.postandcourier.com/sport...cle_dab4f8de-9722-11e7-8fd7-d7017e855e0f.html

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Some of the lack of thought going on here is hard to believe.
- 50% of GA w/o power
- UCF stadium being used by FEMA, fla natl guard, and refugees
- hotels are needed for those losing their homes
-airports closed, I think
- heard one report that UCF field may need to be replaced, IDK
- and just, in a 48 or so hour period, move the game?

Plus I think GT needs a small break right now. See if we can find a D
Finally some common sense and compassion.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
MyAJC is free for everyone today
Bradley: 16.7 percent of Georgia Tech’s schedule has changed. We assess

It could be that these alterations make no significant difference, that Tech will finish 6-5 as opposed to 7-5. (I had them going 8-4 and beating Tennessee, which they should have. But they didn’t.) Still, it’s worth mentioning that a coach who works around here has groused for a decade about never getting a scheduling break from anyone or anything. That coach’s team might just have gotten two.