Helluva Engineer
Yeah they would rather play Florida International or UAB than play GT:rolleyes:

They usually have a strong out of conference schedule. They played:

2016 Michican, Maryland
2015 Stanford, South Carolina
2014 Penn State, Missouri
2013 Penn State, South Carolina
2012 Ohio State, Missouri

I don't think they try to schedule weak teams.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Adelson: Players still returning as UCF resumes practice after Hurricane Irma
Said Frost: "Losing two or three practices and trying to play a game would have been impossible. ... Playing it somewhere else wouldn't have mattered. In fact, travel would have made the problem even worse, so the decision to cancel the Memphis game affected our decision, whether to keep the kids here or not and when we didn't keep the kids here, I knew all along this game was in jeopardy."
Even if UCF had decided to play in Orlando, it was unsure how the usual staff of 1,200 personnel needed to run the game would have made it to the stadium. Not only that, ice would have been unavailable for both players and fans.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
LOL from a UCF board.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/please-explain.52859/

OP: "Can someone please explain why USF is able to play their home game this FRIDAY, yet UCF claims it could not play a SATURDAY home game. Both schools dealt with same hurricane, both released players during the storm. Could the National Guard not have stationed at Camping World Stadium? Would love someone to ask Danny White tonight during the radio show."

Replies
I'd be careful the way you phrase that question as to not offend him. I'd go with something like this: If you were competent at your job, would UCF be playing a football game on Saturday?

Feel free to use that one.
Short prep? We're facing it twice this year. The team never practiced against it all summer?
I think if we get one more thread on this topic there will be a game on Saturday.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
LOL from a UCF board.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/please-explain.52859/

OP: "Can someone please explain why USF is able to play their home game this FRIDAY, yet UCF claims it could not play a SATURDAY home game. Both schools dealt with same hurricane, both released players during the storm. Could the National Guard not have stationed at Camping World Stadium? Would love someone to ask Danny White tonight during the radio show."

Replies
The UCF fans get it(y)

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
https://ucf.rivals.com/news/frost-defends-decision-to-call-off-georgia-tech-game

On Wednesday, Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson appeared to call UCF out for declining their offer of playing Saturday's game in Atlanta.

"Realistically to prepare for a game, we practice Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday," Frost said. "The hurricane was still kind of here on Monday. We had no chance to practice Monday. Tuesday we didn't have half of our roster back. Yesterday it was close to 70, 80 percent. Today we're still short guys. To try to get a team ready to play, you need a week of preparation. Even a short week would have been okay, but losing two or three practices and trying to play a game would have been impossible.

"Playing it somewhere else, Paul Johnson knows better than what he said. Playing it somewhere else wouldn't have mattered. In fact, travel would have made the problem even worse. The decision to cancel the Memphis game affected our decision whether to keep the kids here or not. When we didn't keep the kids here, I knew all along this game was in more jeopardy than the one leading up to the hurricane."

Meanwhile last week Tech was playing a game on Monday night and recovering on Tuesday...