northgajacket

Banned
They usually have a strong out of conference schedule. They played:

2016 Michican, Maryland
2015 Stanford, South Carolina
2014 Penn State, Missouri
2013 Penn State, South Carolina
2012 Ohio State, Missouri

I don't think they try to schedule weak teams.

UCF's conference is full of glorified tackling dummies.

northgajacket

Banned
Both Memphis and GT would have kicked their mediocre arses and I think that's what UCF head football coach Scott Frost had in mind when he backed out of both games.

You are right.
Sounds like UCF's AD needs to be AD of a school like Eckerd College, I think UCF is too much of a job for him to handle.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if the cancellation of the game for such a bogus reason could be interpreted as a breach of contract?
I would look into that if I were Georgia Tech:D Too bad you can't play a Dll team otherwise I would pay someone like North Alabama,Mississippi College,Valdosta State,West Georgia or Carson-Newman to play GT in Bobby Dodd Stadium on short notice.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
aw man I saw some UCF fans saying that they really wanted to play us though because after seeing the JSU game we looked like an easy win

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The whole thing is silly. At the time I'm sure the UCF coaches and staff thought they were doing the right thing. Now it's made them look kind of stupid...especially with USF playing their game. But hey, there's nothing they can do about it now.

At the end of the day it's a non conference game. The only implications it could have are with bowl selections because we have one less win (or one less loss). Probably time to just let it go and be happy for the extra rest before we open ACC play.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The whole thing is silly. At the time I'm sure the UCF coaches and staff thought they were doing the right thing. Now it's made them look kind of stupid...especially with USF playing their game. But hey, there's nothing they can do about it now.

At the end of the day it's a non conference game. The only implications it could have are with bowl selections because we have one less win (or one less loss). Probably time to just let it go and be happy for the extra rest before we open ACC play.
Hopefully UCF finishes the season 4-6 and they have to wipe egg off of their faces when they stay home during Bowl Season.