GT v the Citadel Postgame Press Conference

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe Minnesota, ugag, ut, puke 4 of 5, the string vs um ... yeah maybe those. Maybe those don’t matter?
I don’t understand what you are talking about. My question you was is recruiting what caused us to lose to the citadel. I’ll agree that it probably was the reason we have lost to UGA, if that’s what you are asking.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Love the commitment, Fire, plan, and goals.

Cares more than just setting records for one side of the ball.

We are just screwed somewhat because we could not/ would not recruit more OL & DL due to having the numbers to put 4 men in the backfield every play.

Sounds right to me. I mean, PJ played with 5 skill player positions on o - way more than any other team does.

Like the defensive scheme to help with the perimeter, turn your back to stop the crack back.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Haven't seen any "history rewrite." Have noticed you grasping at any straw you can to defend your preconceived notions. You and a couple of others are completely discrediting yourselves beyond any sense of objectivity, which I'm fine with. Interesting to watch.

Of course you haven’t, In addition to ignoring since day one (when previous coach quit) those that gleefully wishing that GT loses despite recruiting inadequacies to glorify, not GT, but an ego. Ignoring history is the saddest part.

Not an ounce of discrediting oneself when making true revelations about an ego that hurt GT.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand what you are talking about. My question you was is recruiting what caused us to lose to the citadel. I’ll agree that it probably was the reason we have lost to UGA, if that’s what you are asking.

Then what caused the Detroit disgrace, the 4 of 5 to puke and the others.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Why is everyone blaming the offense for this loss? We scored 28 points, yes we should have scored more and won but the defense and bad penalties lost this game period.
this is my reason

Patenaude-formal-glasses-Cropped-742x1024.jpg

99jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Wholly disagree. When TO is averaging over 8 yards per carry, the right position for him to succeed is not on the bench. That’s a failure in coaching. When Camp is dominating a DB, you throw the ball to him.

You are contradicting yourself. TO has been great running the ball this year but his passing is terrible. LJ hasn’t been great either so I will concede TO was the better option to play. But you didn’t have the QB to get Camp the ball consistently. Truth is we probably won’t for a while. It will be a long frustrating year.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Why is everyone blaming the offense for this loss? We scored 28 points, yes we should have scored more and won but the defense and bad penalties lost this game period.
Defense was on the field for 42 minutes in regulation. All things considered I think they played ok. Tough to hold teams scoreless when you are short on D line depth and have to leave those guys out there that long.

Meanwhile the offense looks like some kids that got together and decided to play flag football, but have no idea how to structure or call plays. This, IMO, is primarily due to our OC.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Stop hating CGC

I don’t hate GC at all. In fact, it was the energy that he’s brought to the program that had me buy season tickets for the first time in a looooong time. But that energy isn’t translating into results. This was an FCS team. We are better than this talent-wise. We got beat due to lack of preparation and poor decision making. That’s not the kids. It’s the coaching staff. If we get beat by Clemson, UGA, even FSU....fine....I get it. Those teams have better talent, clearly. But we lost because of coaching.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
He chose not to because they are just like the OL we have on the roster now. FCS caliber, triple option linemen.
You mean those guys that just beat our P5 DL and got 3 yards whenever they HAD to have it even when we knew what was coming?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You are contradicting yourself. TO has been great running the ball this year but his passing is terrible. LJ hasn’t been great either so I will concede TO was the better option to play. But you didn’t have the QB to get Camp the ball consistently. Truth is we probably won’t for a while. It will be a long frustrating year.
All you need to do is throw a jump ball, how hard is that? Heck, it worked for a td!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Defense was on the field for 42 minutes in regulation. All things considered I think they played ok. Tough to hold teams scoreless when you are short on D line depth and have to leave those guys out there that long.

Meanwhile the offense looks like some kids that got together and decided to play flag football, but have no idea how to structure or call plays. This, IMO, is primarily due to our OC.
Maybe the real question is that given his indecisiveness with three quarterbacks -- seems to me a spring, a fall, and two games should be enough to at least for pete's sakes, pare it to a manageable two -- maybe that murky decision-making shadows his whole program. So far his vaunted and trendy "culture" seems to be a mystery. As Herman Edwards at Arizona State and others are discovering, that Clemson model does not just morph into being. Maybe he should just man up, name a QB, pick an offensive style even if it is a bridge, and worry about hurt feelings a little less. One doesn't get participation ribbons in P5 football. His transfers do not seem to be making an impact, and that was predictable. I hope we can hang on to our commitments and do a better job recruiting going forward, while Collins and staff get less puffery and more rigorous evaluations.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe the real question is that given his indecisiveness with three quarterbacks -- seems to me a spring, a fall, and two games should be enough to at least for pete's sakes, pare it to a manageable two -- maybe that murky decision-making shadows his whole program. So far his vaunted and trendy "culture" seems to be a mystery. As Herman Edwards at Arizona State and others are discovering, that Clemson model does not just morph into being. Maybe he should just man up, name a QB, pick an offensive style even if it is a bridge, and worry about hurt feelings a little less. One doesn't get participation ribbons in P5 football. His transfers do not seem to be making an impact, and that was predictable. I hope we can hang on to our commitments and do a better job recruiting going forward, while Collins and staff get less puffery and more rigorous evaluations.

The transfers are arguably our best OL and best TE. We’d be even worse without them.

He has picked a style of offense, so not sure what you are talking about there