GT v the Citadel Postgame Press Conference

Scubapro

Banned
Play at a high level? I didn't hear him take any of the blame...yeah yeah...we are working hard...yeah yeah...if you work hard you will play...we got the look we wanted...just the pesky guy made a play....How about putting the best player out there? How about calling plays to your player's strengths.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Play at a high level? I didn't hear him take any of the blame...yeah yeah...we are working hard...yeah yeah...if you work hard you will play...we got the look we wanted...just the pesky guy made a play....How about putting the best player out there? How about calling plays to your player's strengths.

The very first thing he said he took the blame.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer

I think people need to start realizing we are putting these players in the right position. It’s just not working out. We aren’t good. Period.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I think people need to start realizing we are putting these players in the right position. It’s just not working out. We aren’t good. Period.
Wholly disagree. When TO is averaging over 8 yards per carry, the right position for him to succeed is not on the bench. That’s a failure in coaching. When Camp is dominating a DB, you throw the ball to him.

Scubapro

Banned
Like playing out of the gun on a 4th and short? Not letting a QB get into a rhythm? How about the D creating a negative play on first down.
The fact is we got boat raced by the Citadel...look at the stats ...be sure to have a barf bag handy....sorry been around too long...seen Bill Curry, B*** L*****, seen Gomer and Nix...I have seen this movie...so yeah I dont like where its headed.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Love the commitment, Fire, plan, and goals.

Cares more than just setting records for one side of the ball.

We are just screwed somewhat because we could not/ would not recruit more OL & DL due to having the numbers to put 4 men in the backfield every play.
Seriously? Recruiting is why we lost to citadel? Ok.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Gotta love the head man taking the blame instead of throwing players under the bus.
I am still upset about the loss, the clock management, the play calling, the use of quarterbacks and letting them get to the perimeter. That said, I appreciate what Coach Collins is trying to say. He is saying the right things and the players need to have the mindset of this performance is not acceptable and they must get better. Same goes for the coaches and you can tell he is not happy with this situation and I would hate to be some of the assistants in the coaches meeting after today.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Like playing out of the gun on a 4th and short? Not letting a QB get into a rhythm? How about the D creating a negative play on first down.
The fact is we got boat raced by the Citadel...look at the stats ...be sure to have a barf bag handy....sorry been around too long...seen Bill Curry, B*** L*****, seen Gomer and Nix...I have seen this movie...so yeah I dont like where its headed.
I don't think Collins gets it. You absolutely can not lose games like this. He talks about building a team and a new culture, but totally blew it regarding the fan support. This was supposed to be a win, a confidence builder. This is not good football. We're playing games like they are practice sessions.

gtmike

Georgia Tech Fan
His answers to the starting qb question at the end just make no sense to me. I'm open to another idea if it makes sense but I just don't get the justification. It's not reassuring that he can't seem to logically support why this approach is a good idea.

His answers to the starting qb question at the end just make no sense to me. I'm open to another idea if it makes sense but I just don't get the justification. It's not reassuring that he can't seem to logically support why this approach is a good idea.

I worry about this philosophy of his. 99.9% of teams have starters and seconds. The again he was a 7 win guy at Temple.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I heard that too. That answer worries me.