GT v the Citadel Postgame Press Conference

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I don't think Collins gets it. You absolutely can not lose games like this. He talks about building a team and a new culture, but totally blew it regarding the fan support. This was supposed to be a win, a confidence builder. This is not good football. We're playing games like they are practice sessions.

If this takes away fan support, then there wasn’t much there from the beginning

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I don’t even want to watch his used car clueless comments at this point. He should have called the OC performance what it was, which was crap

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If this takes away fan support, then there wasn’t much there from the beginning
You know me been a season ticket holder since 1981 was there as one of the 28,000 today but if this ain't one of the worse offense coordinators then I ain't seen one. Everyone said CPJ was responsible for the defense being bad so CGC should be responsible for the offense. If he keeps the coach after this year 28,000 may be a good crowd next year. So if that makes me a bad fan color me bad .

Scubapro

Banned
You know me been a season ticket holder since 1981 was there as one of the 28,000 today but if this ain't one of the worse offense coordinators then I ain't seen one. Everyone said CPJ was responsible for the defense being bad so CGC should be responsible for the offense. If he keeps the coach after this year 28,000 may be a good crowd next year. So if that makes me a bad fan color me bad .

Agreed x1000

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I can’t judge a Pastry chef’s cake if he doesn’t have the right ingredients.

Patenaude leaves a lot to be desired with his method of get us down the field but the personnel is not helping at all

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Well everyone including the media counted this as a win. Not everyone said this was a complete rebuild and one of the expectations was to beat the Citadel.

I was one of them. One of the few things me and @Animal02 agreed on, we should never lose to The Citadel (or Duke), but to say fan support will leave bc of this is monumentally stupid and unfair

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of you guys are just being flat out nasty to kids that you claim to be rooting for. Let's simmer down a bit

I try to be respectful to the kids. At this point, none of this is a players fault, even if they aren’t an elite level player. It’s all on the coaches now...coaches put kids in these situations and positions. I don’t think Lucas is starting QB material, but it’s not his fault this game went to ****. The coaches know his ability level, and still put him in this position. Lucas or any competitive player is going to go try his best...no one is going to say “no coach, don’t put me in, Tobias is better at this”. Players want to try. Lucas (or any other player) isn’t at fault here...coaches are SUPPOSED to prepare the best players to play, AND PLAY THEM PROPERLY!!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We all knew this would be a tough year due to the change of systems. Next year will tough due to the schedule. If no improvement in year three, then I'll start getting worried.

Give the citadel their due. This same team spanked South Carolina 2 years ago. Were tied with Alabama at halftime last year, so they are a decent team and well coached.

However, the thought creeped into my mind on the 3 hour ride home tonight, what if CGC is our PJ Fleck?

But, all in all, I'm not going anywhere. I bleed white and gold (multiple shades of gold;)). Go Tech and THWg.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Overall first time I've seen coach Collins this pissed off and chippy, esp to the media. He takes the blame multiple times. Externally it's all on him and knows what it's going to take to get this team to where it needs to be. Good presser overall, and he said that he knows how this looks on the team, program and him but he knows what it's going to take and it's going to be a long road

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk